Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Training for the Camino

Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
Published on Amazon
Guide to the 16 main caminos with maps, pictures, hyperlinks and other information.

wulf

That looks like an interesting site. It's not too long before I head off to start my camino and I'm looking to squeeze in some more training so I look forward to investigating the site in more detail.

Thanks,

Wulf

lillypond

I swear (mildly :) ) that last time here I spotted a pdf file with a day-by-day training schedule.

Do you think I can find it now ??? wanna help :)
lillypond.

KiwiNomad06

Veteran Member
Year of past OR future Camino
Le Puy-Santiago(2008) Cluny-Conques+prt CF(2012)
lillypond said:
I swear (mildly :) ) that last time here I spotted a pdf file with a day-by-day training schedule.

Do you think I can find it now ??? wanna help :)
lillypond.
Lillypond I looked and never found it. But I found that JustRob had suggested a website where you could go for training schedules:
http://www.marathonwalking.com/schedule.html

anniethenurse

Veteran Member
Camino Frances.Vasco del Interior.Camino Finisterre& Muxia. Camino Portugues. Ruta del Ebro.
For those of you in Sweden when planning your training for the camino please look at this website http://iform.se/rundan.
See you soon! Two more weeks and I´ll start from SJPP!
annie

Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).

Sansthing

French Camino (2009), French Camino (2011), Via de la Plata (2012), Camino Inglês (2014),
I used the Trek Training Guide from Do It for Charity.com!, a 16 week training programme. I´m sure it was recommended by someone on this forum and that was where I got it from.

I´m on my final countdown now, 10 days to go :D . Very happy, excited and apprehensive :!:

Sandra

lillypond

Thank you everyone for your kind responses. Much appreciated. I have lots to check out. Now that September is looming :), I know :) I need to remind myself not to put off 'till tomorrow the steps I can do today !!!

Sandra, your Camino is well and truly looming :). I can feel your excitement and know that All Is Well.
Have a great Camino.
Blessings lillypond.

alansykes

Veteran Member
Except the Francés
Rather a late answer to your question, but, as part of my training for the Via de la Plata this winter, I'm just over half way through St Cuthbert's Way. It's mostly fine and goes through lovely countryside past interesting places, but it's not as well marked as the Camino, and is a largely fabricated itinerary (it goes through some deliberate loops: I suspect to ensure that it reached 100km and therefore qualified as a long distance route and was eligible for European funding). I'm blogging the route for the Guardian's website. Here are links to day one http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/the-northerner/2012/aug/29/walkingholidays-scotland and day two http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/the-no...lkingholidays-scotland-northern-ireland-extra I've had more blisters in 3 days on St Cuthbert's Way than I did in over 30 on the VdlP

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads