• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Training Partners - Mississauga, Oakville area

crazyloon

Best experience ever!
Time of past OR future Camino
Hi there, wondering if there is anyone else out there interested in doing some weekend hiking to prep for 2017 Camino? Let me know.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi there, wondering if there is anyone else out there interested in doing some weekend hiking to prep for 2017 Camino? Let me know.

Hi, what a great idea, I hope you find some walking companions. I clicked on your thread just to see where Mississauga is :rolleyes:. In my area there are two small walking groups: on Saturday mornings, and Tuesday mornings (the “Wrinkley Ramblers”). Even if there are only 2 or 3 people we still go for a short walk. Today there were 15 of us; we drove up into the forests and hills, had a barbecue, and drove back . . . . hmm, I’m sure we were supposed to fit a walk in there somewhere . . . :confused:. Other days we go for a short walk (it’s all good camino practice), and then go to an afternoon movie with popcorn and a glass of wine (even more camino practice :D). We stay in touch with a WhatsApp group. Jill

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi, what a great idea, I hope you find some walking companions. I clicked on your thread just to see where Mississauga is :rolleyes:. In my area there are two small walking groups: on Saturday mornings, and Tuesday mornings (the “Wrinkley Ramblers”). Even if there are only 2 or 3 people we still go for a short walk. Today there were 15 of us; we drove up into the forests and hills, had a barbecue, and drove back . . . . hmm, I’m sure we were supposed to fit a walk in there somewhere . . . :confused:. Other days we go for a short walk (it’s all good camino practice), and then go to an afternoon movie with popcorn and a glass of wine (even more camino practice :D). We stay in touch with a WhatsApp group. Jill
Thanks Jill, I joined a hiking club and did 15 km last weekend so feeling pretty good with 8 months left in prep. It's fun training with others and we do have a Camino club in Toronto but they usually walk on weekdays which is hard to do when you are holding down a full time job. Glad I could help expand your geography knowledge. I probably should have said Toronto. lol

Hi, please do check out the Toronto Camino Pilgrims facebook page.

We walk every Friday and Monday morning. On the Friday walk we try to simulate a camino day, so we walk on average 20 kms. with 2 coffee breaks and a lunch (optional) at the end. As admin. for the this group, I post new walks Tuesday nights or early Wednesday morning.

There are lots of "camino nuggets" be be found on our facebook page, I am constantly upgrading information as it comes across my desk. If not found in the daily feed, please peruse the "NOTES" section and do a little research on your question and you might find an answer. Much like this forum in a more miniature way, I try to answer as many questions as possible or refer you others that might be able to help

On occasion we schedule other pilgrim related functions, i.e. movie and tapas night or just recently a potluck with screening of a rather funny camino movie.

Please also keep in mind, that our club hold 2 annual pilgrim information events, one in Fall and another in Spring. The date for the Fall meeting will be posted probably in September, but in general it is either the last Saturday in October or the first Saturday in November. The Spring meeting is held in March.

The Toronto Camino Pilgrims also support an Annual Hospitalera Training as well.

The Toronto Camino Pilgrim club is a very active club of veteran pilgrims who get together to keep the Camino Spirit alive. We can't all go back to the Camino each year, so this is our way to honour our connection to the Camino. Everyone, past, present and future pilgrims are welcome to join us on our walks and they are free!

Buen Camino!

Hi, please do check out the Toronto Camino Pilgrims facebook page.

We walk every Friday and Monday morning. On the Friday walk we try to simulate a camino day, so we walk on average 20 kms. with 2 coffee breaks and a lunch (optional) at the end. As admin. for the this group, I post new walks Tuesday nights or early Wednesday morning.

There are lots of "camino nuggets" be be found on our facebook page, I am constantly upgrading information as it comes across my desk. If not found in the daily feed, please peruse the "NOTES" section and do a little research on your question and you might find an answer. Much like this forum in a more miniature way, I try to answer as many questions as possible or refer you others that might be able to help

On occasion we schedule other pilgrim related functions, i.e. movie and tapas night or just recently a potluck with screening of a rather funny camino movie.

Please also keep in mind, that our club hold 2 annual pilgrim information events, one in Fall and another in Spring. The date for the Fall meeting will be posted probably in September, but in general it is either the last Saturday in October or the first Saturday in November. The Spring meeting is held in March.

The Toronto Camino Pilgrims also support an Annual Hospitalera Training as well.

The Toronto Camino Pilgrim club is a very active club of veteran pilgrims who get together to keep the Camino Spirit alive. We can't all go back to the Camino each year, so this is our way to honour our connection to the Camino. Everyone, past, present and future pilgrims are welcome to join us on our walks and they are free!

Buen Camino!
I checked it out Ingrid, thank you! I went to the spring Camino meeting in the Beach and was blown away by the experience. Re the FB page, yes there are some good nuggets there. I have emailed Magdalena re Aug walk. I need weekends and evenings as I work full time. Thanks again. Hope to find a partner locally to keep me on track. lol

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi Crazyloon!
I got back from Spain 2 weeks ago after walking the Frances in 28 days ,so not walking too far these days!
I live 2k west of Oakville/Burlington border near Lakeshore and usually walk the Hamilton Beach trail at the Lift Bridge early Sunday mornings, (7.30ish).Sometimes 10 or 16 k. If you are interested let me know and if not the walk ,perhaps a coffee.
George

Wonderful...might see you in August. .planning on joining the walk on the Bruce Trail.
I am signed up! A little nervous as you guys seem pretty seasoned, but I'm sure it will be fun. Thanks for the tip!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Crazyloon!
I got back from Spain 2 weeks ago after walking the Frances in 28 days ,so not walking too far these days!
I live 2k west of Oakville/Burlington border near Lakeshore and usually walk the Hamilton Beach trail at the Lift Bridge early Sunday mornings, (7.30ish).Sometimes 10 or 16 k. If you are interested let me know and if not the walk ,perhaps a coffee.
George
Wow 28 days, that is quite a pace! I am planning 35 days. I will see what the camino decides for me. lol That is good to know George. Thank you for the offer.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back