A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Buy any book, get free camino shell

Trains and buses / oh my !

Camino(s) past & future
Portugues
My daughter and I start our adventure on August 15 which is our arrival date in Madrid from Toronto. Our starting point is Logrono, and we plan to end in Burgos before returning to Madrid for a couple of days as tourists.
This trip is about time together for the first time (I am 65, she is 34)

Was waiting to book Train and/or Bus, but am coming up short on flexibility. We land at 7:30 am Day 1 and in searching for options there appear to be no Buses, and just one Train arriving Logrono at 10:00 pm - am I missing something ?
Was hoping to be able to go to Logrono late am / early pm and get into the spirit of our Camino......

Camino(s) past & future
Portugués, Francés, Le Puy, Rota Vicentina, De Soulac, Norte, Madrid-Salv-Primitivo
Was hoping to be able to go to Logrono late am / early pm and get into the spirit of our Camino......
Hi, I think you are missing something. There are several Alsa buses from Madrid (Av. America) to Logrono on 15 August. The 10:30 bus goes via the airport (at 10:45). The next one that goes via the airport is the 15:00 (15:15 at the airport).
https://www.alsa.com/en/web/bus/home
Jill

Harington

una abuelita inglés
Camino(s) past & future
Vézelay/Francés 2011, Primitivo 2012, VdlP 2013, Via Domitia 2014, Inglés 2015, Francigena 2016
My daughter and I start our adventure on August 15 which is our arrival date in Madrid from Toronto. Our starting point is Logrono, and we plan to end in Burgos before returning to Madrid for a couple of days as tourists.

Was waiting to book Train and/or Bus, but am coming up short on flexibility. We land at 7:30 am Day 1 and in searching for options there appear to be no Buses, and just one Train arriving Logrono at 10:00 pm - am I missing something ?
August 15 is the Feast of the Assumption. It's a public holiday.

Marbe2

Camino(s) past & future
2015 SJPD to Burgos
2017 Leon to Santiago
Pamplona to Santiago Mar. 2018
Burgos - SCDC (Oct 18)
The PLM bus schedules is running on Aug. 15

Camino(s) past & future
Portugues
Thanks for all the advice.
I booked two tickets from Madrid airport to Logrono with Alsa for August 15 and the system accepted it, so i have to "assume" the Fiesta de la Asuncion wont be a problem.........

cbcrna1

Camino(s) past & future
NONE

We just got back from doing Camino Madrid to Camino Frances to Santiago-we took bus, train and taxis at times when needed. All are easy but online schedules we found not always correct. It was a learning experience and somewhat stressful

Camino(s) past & future
French Caminos - April/May 2013, March/April 2017 and (Sept/Oct 2018)
No reply just a question. Can anyone tell me the times that trains or busses leave Bairritz for St Jean?

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 9 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 112 14.6%
  • May

Votes: 188 24.5%