• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Trains are back

Time of past OR future Camino
Le Puy (2010; 2016), Norte, Primitivo, Muxia/Fisterra (2010), Mozarabe, Via de la Plata, Sanabres (2011), Arles, Aragones, Frances (2015)
This next Friday, 5th May, trains will be running again between Bayonne and Saint Jean Pied de Port.

Here's the schedule for THAT day:
http://cdn.ter.sncf.com/medias/PDF/aquitaine/Info_Trafic_ligne_62_Bayonne_Saint_Jean_Pied_de_Port_reprise_5_mai_2017_R1_tcm50-129024_tcm50-129023.pdf

Beware!
BEFORE 2:55 pm, there will still be buses!
Get on board the buses outside the train station... left-side when getting out.

All-train schedule will resume on Saturday, 6th May.
Have a look here:
http://cdn.ter.sncf.com/medias/PDF/..._2016_MAJ_02_05_17_tcm50-35352_tcm50-9053.pdf
Get on board from the platforms!

Enjoy the ride and the view!
See you soon there ;)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Oh dear, I had expected to get the 0745 train from Bayonne tomorrow (Fri 5th) ... what's the problem? Why no train? Will there be enough buses? Will I make it to my first night accommodation if the bus takes over 4 hours? Goodness! Already a mountain to overcome and I don't have my boots on yet!! Hahahahaha!!! :p

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Oh dear, I had expected to get the 0745 train from Bayonne tomorrow (Fri 5th) ... what's the problem? Why no train? Will there be enough buses? Will I make it to my first night accommodation if the bus takes over 4 hours? Goodness! Already a mountain to overcome and I don't have my boots on yet!! Hahahahaha!!! :p

Please relax! 05/05 the link in the helpful post above by Marion shows that there is a bus from Bayonne to SJPdP at 07:45 which takes only 1 1/2 hours.

The link also shows that early afternoon the trains return to service.

Bon voyage and Buen camino!

Last edited:
I'm always relaxed ;D

Great news about the bus, thank you!

I've just boarded the plane from Stansted to Biarritz & just met another pilgrim! (I suspect from the clothing there may be another 2 or 3 of us on this flight too)

And so it begins!

Can't wait to get started tomorrow! Woohoo!

Thanks for all of the advice & support on this fabulous forum :)

That's great news, last year we had to use the bus replacement which turned out to be a nice journey though the valleys. But have heard that the train ride has better scenery.
We will be in Bayonne next Friday - can't wait to start our Camino.
Buen Camino!

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back