• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Trains from Bayonne to SJPdP this Thursday (21st)

Sam Hardman

Time of past OR future Camino
2006, 2007 Camino Francés
2017 SJPdP - Belorado
2018 SJPdP - Fisterra/MuxĂ­a
2019 Camino Primitivo
I am flying to Biarritz this Wednesday and plan to take the train from Bayonne to St Jean first thing on Thursday morning. However, I have just been looking at buying a ticket online from SNCF and there is nothing for Thursday at all (it just says Supprimé) and now I am worried.

Does this mean there are no trains? Or does it just mean I can't buy one online? My Camino is already one day late thanks to Ryanair cancelling my flight and I don't really want to have to spend a whole day hanging around in Bayonne waiting until the train leaves on Friday. Can anyone help?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Due to a national strike of workers unfortunately there are no trains and only 2 buses to replace them at 07:40 and late in the afternoon at 18:10.

See more here--
https://www.ter.sncf.com/aquitaine

Last edited:
Thanks mspath. Does this mean I could still take the bus if I go to the train station? A train would be better of course but getting there is the main thing!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi..I am interested as we will travel from bayonne to sjpp on Friday. Just checked the sncf site and it did show times of trains. Any continuing info will be appreciated thanks!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
If there is a good feature of French labor actions, it is that they inconvenience the traveler, not block him entirely. For example, they will operate one or two trains out of a schedule of six. Of course, the good feature for the workers is that they usually prevail! They get wage and hours concessions. Economists debate the result, but the French seem to like it, and change governments when they don't!

If there is a good feature of French labor actions, it is that they inconvenience the traveler, not block him entirely. For example, they will operate one or two trains out of a schedule of six. Of course, the good feature for the workers is that they usually prevail! They get wage and hours concessions. Economists debate the result, but the French seem to like it, and change governments when they don't!
I've started 3 caminos from SJPP, and each time there was a train strike. It's a national obsession in France for sure! For two of those times I shared a taxi with other pilgrims (total cost from Bayonne around 100 Euros), and the other I took the provided coach directly from and to the train stations (same price as the train also). Not inconvenient at all. Buen Camino! :)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Back