Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Pilgrim Pouch carry bags with different designs
A lightweight carry bag handy for walking, biking, traveling, & Caminos
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery

Trains from Madrid

tsher09

Past OR future Camino
Beginning of March (2019)
Hi everyone, my apologies if this has been asked recently, but my search feature is simply not working.
I am looking at the Renfe schedule from Madrid to either Sarria or Lugo for a starting point (limited time). Every time I’ve used it, it’s been full of glitches and gives errors, so not sure if what I’m seeing is accurate. I only see one daily train beginning at around 12:55 (arrival late). I don’t see anything earlier on any other day in the next two months or so, as well. I remember there being an early train but perhaps they have reduced schedules? Aside from busses, not sure anything can get me there earlier, which makes me lose two days to travel.
Thanks in advance!

Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.

SabineP

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
some and then more. see my signature.
Hi everyone, my apologies if this has been asked recently, but my search feature is simply not working.
I am looking at the Renfe schedule from Madrid to either Sarria or Lugo for a starting point (limited time). Every time I’ve used it, it’s been full of glitches and gives errors, so not sure if what I’m seeing is accurate. I only see one daily train beginning at around 12:55 (arrival late). I don’t see anything earlier on any other day in the next two months or so, as well. I remember there being an early train but perhaps they have reduced schedules? Aside from busses, not sure anything can get me there earlier, which makes me lose two days to travel.
Thanks in advance!

How late do do you arrive in Madrid? And will you be arriving on a weekday or in the weekend?

Last edited:

jungleboy

Spirit of the Camino (Nick)
Past OR future Camino
A few in the past; more in the future!
I am looking at the Renfe schedule from Madrid to either Sarria or Lugo for a starting point (limited time). Every time I’ve used it, it’s been full of glitches and gives errors, so not sure if what I’m seeing is accurate. I only see one daily train beginning at around 12:55 (arrival late). I don’t see anything earlier on any other day in the next two months or so, as well.
I see three trains for this Monday to both Sarria and Lugo from Madrid (todas / all stations) at 7:15am, 12:55pm and 3pm.

Screen Shot 2021-09-25 at 7.38.17 PM.png

Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean

tsher09

Past OR future Camino
Beginning of March (2019)
RENFE's website is notorious. It helps to know where you might need to change trains - for instance search Madrid - Ourense then Ourense to Lugo, Sarria is on the same line. Buses work better for most folk 'cos RENFE try very hard to avoid the inconvenience of passengers cluttering their trains
Thank you- this information is great. The days prior it simply says there’s a 7:15 but “the requested train is not available at the moment- check back later” - at least that’s the translation. I get a bit of motion sickness so hoping to avoid a longer bus ride…

paddington

Past OR future Camino
may (2019)
I use the Raileurope.com website to look at and book my trains. They charge a small service fee but I have found it easy to use. The 12:55 train is the only direct train from Madrid (charmatin station ) to sarria , all the other trains require a change . And yes, it is hard to get to the camino and start walking the day you arrive in Spain, but that also gives you time to settle in. Do you need advice on getting from the airport to charmatin station ?

Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads