• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Trains from Paris to Bayonne with Bicycle

ChrisG1

Time of past OR future Camino
April 2024
When I was planning my cycle Camino at the end of last year (to travel April this year) there appeared to be trains from Paris Montparnasse to Bayonne on which unboxed bicycles could be taken. Unfortunately I was unable to travel due to illness so now planning for April 2024. However, a check on the SNCF website for the coming weeks (just out of curiosity) suggests that the only trains that will take bikes between PAris and BAyonne are overnight trains departing from Paris Austerlitz. Does anyone know if this is really the case or is it just more likely that all bike spaces out of Montparnasse have been booked up?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
It is posible that bike spaces may be booked up on TGV. I did a test and found spaces looking at June so its probably a need to book well in advance to travel with a bike. Linking together TER trains may be another option as they have different rules to TGV for bikes.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
It appears there are slightly fewer trains running from Montparnasse to Bayonne ( the 10am ish seems to be no more ) weekdays. This could result in fewer bike spaces

The night train from Austerlitz carries freight besides passengers in both seats and berths. It is usually a long train with many cars for various purposes. Thus there is more space for bikes. Today's price for 1st class berth is 62 € and 2nd class 50 € for a mid October 2023 ticket for a +60 year old passenger. Hence it is quite a bargain!

Most read last week in this forum

Ivan. I believe I can rent two bikes through you between Burgos and Leon. Can you let me know if this is possible? I plan to arrive in Burgos on 11 May and start cycling the next day. Thanks
Plan to cycle between Burgos and Leon over three or four days. Are there any interesting detours between these two cities that would take up a 4th day?
I Willl start biking from SJPD on 9.may with Ebike. I have a list of bike friendly albergs is there somebody who have experience with charging batery in such alberg. Do i need afdition 220v...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back