Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

TRAINS OR BUSES FROM LOURDES TO SJPP

Sagalouts

RIP 2015
I'm flying out of London with my son 14th April,the options as they stand at the moment are £150 into Biarritz arrive 15.00 or £57 into Lourdes arrive 9.30,I know there is a train from Lourdes into Bayonna but will I finish up paying more? or is it poss to catch buses to somewhere near SJPP maybe Oloron or even nearer and walk the rest.
We only walk for 8 days and would like my son to have the experience of the way from SJPP.
have already booked cheap flights home for the two of us from Santander ( £50) cheap bus to the coast from Logrono.
I seem to be using the word cheap a lot,this has nothing to do with the fact I'm a tight Yorkshire man :D
Ian

Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

Arn

Veteran Member
Gee Ian,

I'm not sure of the actual answer but, in general, when I've tried to finagle the "cheapest" anything...I usually end up paying more. Maybe not in cold cash, but rather in frustration having to do with meeting a tight schedule, or sitting for hours waiting the next connection.

Since you're traveling with your son and you indicate you would "like your son to have the experience..." consider making it a memorable one for all the right reasons.

Buen "hey, was that a moth that just flew out of my wallet" Camino,

Arn

Sagalouts

RIP 2015
Since you're traveling with your son and you indicate you would "like your son to have the experience..." consider making it a memorable one for all the right reasons.
I hear you Brother thanks-
looks like I'm going to have to enjoy that old experience of opening my wallet for the kids :(
Ian

John Brierley Camino Frances Guide
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.
Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads