• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Transferring extra from Madrid to leongear

Cheryland don

Time of past OR future Camino
Madrid north
hi I am wondering if any one has any ideas how we can transfer extra gear from Madrid to Leon. We are travelling from a few months around Europe travelling from New Zealand, so will have gear that we don't want to carry.while walking Madrid to Leon.
We are flying from Leon to France and need to get our extra gear to Leon, to save us doubling back.
Any ideas would be useful.
Thanks heaps

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The national Correos/Post Office offers both a baggage and backpack transport service in Spain. For more info see Paq Mochila in http://www.correos.es/ss/Satellite/...dos_paqueteria/detalle_producto-sidioma=es_ES
However do inquire how long you can store such a sent package at a post office. It might be best to send the baggage to your hotel in Leon and, of course, first ask your hotel if storage is possible.

For more on posting packages see also https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/poste-restante-in-spain.32512/

Good luck and Buen camino!

Last edited:
Hi Cheryl and Don
One idea to start-
the Oficina de correos (post office). Find the closest one if you are staying in Madrid first
I stayed in hotel in Madrid opposite Atocha station and walked up the street to very large (Oficina de Correos) .
If you've booked hotel in Leon, contact them to ask if they would hold a parcel for you. I have done this (from Madrid sent to SDC ).

Annie

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
My folks sent me some stuff to Albergue Unamuno in Leon back in 2014. Of course I made inquiry with them beforehand and everything was OK, the package was waiting there for me.
I believe many pensiones, hostales and hotels would do the same if you book your stay there.

mspath (above) nailed the appropriate answer, IMHO. Beyond this, I can suggest you use Mail Boxes , Etc. This is the same as the like named places all over the US. They use the Spanish UPS parcel delivery service. However, this can only be used if you are mailing the items to a hotel in Leon..

Refer to the recommendations above, vis-a-via making advance reservations. Also check with the hotel to see if they will accept a parcel from you, for you, and will hold it for about two weeks.

I hope this helps.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi everybody, Which is the best way by foot : Uclès to Madrid or Madrid to Uclès (in july !)? And where find informations about accomodation ? Thank you

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back