A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Transfers to and from Santiago de compostela airport

2020 Camino Guides

Etara

Camino(s) past & future
24 May Burgos to Leon
Hi

Can anyone give me names of a company who will transfer me and 4 friends from the airport to leon and from sarria to the airport. I have found 1 or 2 on internett but v expensive

D

Deleted member 3000

Can anyone give me names of a company who will transfer me and 4 friends from the airport to leon and from sarria to the airport. I have found 1 or 2 on internet but v expensive
They all are expensive. If cost is important, take the bus. It is about 10 Euro from the airport to Lugo, and another 18E from Lugo to Leon. :)

Mark McCarthy

Camino(s) past & future
CF 2014 2015
Lourdes 2 SdC 2016
Sarria 2 SdC April&Oct 2016 & (April 2018)
Camino Baztan June 2017
You can get the train from Santiago to Leon (www.renfe.com). On the way back from Sarria you can get the bus from Sarria to Lugo bus station with Monbus. And then a Empresa Freire from Lugo bus station direct to Santiago airport,

Tincatinker

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Lots ;0)
Taxis, generally, charge €1/Km. A price that has remained remarkably static for almost a decade now.

Which airport you have in mind might help members to give you better answers.

apoivre

Camino(s) past & future
Mozárabe de Almería in March 2019
There's this website, www.rentautobus.com, where you can post your upcoming trip and have various taxi and transfer companies come up with offers. It is based in Spain so a lot of smaller Spanish outfits are on this platform. I've used it once when we needed a minivan for a multi-day itinerary and we received several quotes in 24 hours or so. I'd look into that for that Santiago to Leon trip - and compare prices with RENFE and the bus, of course.

Edited to add: If you don't have the ticket yet, the airport in Santiago is not the most convenient one to fly into if you're starting in Leon. Have you thought of changing the ticket - or even throwing it away if it's a standalone one-way flight - and fly somewhere closer? Leon's is a smallish airport but you could consider flying into Valladolid, Oviedo or even Santander. or Bilbao. All of these are handier for Leon than Santiago is.

Last edited:

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999, now living in Santiago de C
Camino(s) past & future
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Santiago - Muxia 2019

Now: http://egeria.house/
... Edited to add: If you don't have the ticket yet, the airport in Santiago is not the most convenient one to fly into if you're starting in Leon. Have you thought of changing the ticket - or even throwing it away if it's a standalone one-way flight - and fly somewhere closer? Leon's is a smallish airport but you could consider flying into Valladolid, Oviedo or even Santander. or Bilbao. All of these are handier for Leon than Santiago is.
I politely disagree, Santiago has both train and bus direct connections to Leon, travel time between 5 and 6 hours. Buen Camino, SY

apoivre

Camino(s) past & future
Mozárabe de Almería in March 2019
I politely disagree, Santiago has both train and bus direct connections to Leon, travel time between 5 and 6 hours. Buen Camino, SY
It does. But flying into Oviedo or Valladolid, one is only looking at a 1-to-2 hours trip by bus or train. And getting a transfer from Santiago to Leon would be prohibitively expensive.

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 54 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 193 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 319 25.0%
  • June

Votes: 93 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 23 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 366 28.6%
  • October

Votes: 154 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 6 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock