Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

Transiting at the Lisbon airport on Friday evening to fly to Porto

Lu Zajickova

Camino Portugues, Costal Route
Year of past OR future Camino
Hi everyone,

does anyone know if you can transit normally in Lisbon to the flight to Porto (we have connecting flights by TAP Portugal) on Friday evening hours as there is this „Lisbon weekend lockdown/closure“ of the city for weekends still in place? I believe so but I also believed I booked my flights for this Friday with transit in Amsterdam correctly a couple weeks ago but just found out that the reservation was cancelled. 🙃😆 So I am rather double-triple checking everything now as I bookend those new flights Prague - Lisbon - Porto today. 🙏

Thanks a lot,

Lucie

Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.

Friend from Barquinha

None yet; perhaps the Portugese (2021?)
I think you should be fine. All the flights incoming, and outgoing domestic, are through the same terminal so the weekend shutdown shouldn't have any effect on you at all.

Here is the link to Lisbon airport's services--there may be a way of emailing them to be sure.

ktchnofdngr

September 2013, June 2016, and July 2021(hopefully!)
From what I've read, the "no leaving Lisbon" doesn't start until 3pm on Friday. If you leave before then, you should be fine.

Lu Zajickova

Camino Portugues, Costal Route
From what I've read, the "no leaving Lisbon" doesn't start until 3pm on Friday. If you leave before then, you should be fine.
Hi, we are arriving to Lisbon around 10.30 pm on Friday and transit to Porto - the second flight is around midnight. however we won't leave the airport and I believe that TAP Portugal knows what they do with those transits. :D

Friend from Barquinha

None yet; perhaps the Portugese (2021?)
Hi, we are arriving to Lisbon around 10.30 pm on Friday and transit to Porto - the second flight is around midnight. however we won't leave the airport and I believe that TAP Portugal knows what they do with those transits. :D
I've gone through Lisbon airport many times in the late evening, in pre-Covid times. It's quite dead. All the shops are closed, and they're only using a few aircraft gates, normally. Right now, I would guess there's even less activity. In fact, your TAP flight to Porto may be the last flight of the night.

I would imagine they'll have things set up to make your transit very simple. Best of luck!

Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).
Camino Masks
This week, 50% off ALL Camino Masks

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances