• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Transiting Barajas1 to 4

Time of past OR future Camino
First one in 1977 by train. Many since then by foot. Next one ASAP.
September 2019 -- I arrive at Barajas Terminal 1 at 8:45 AM; and I'd like to catch the ALSA bus to Logrono that departs Terminal 4 at 10:45 am.

Realistic?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
If no flights get delayed and the line in immigration is not enormous, it is certainly not impossible. You will have to be quick though if anything gets out of schedule. Are there any buses available slightly later to give you more flexibility?

I think it is possible, even if you have to pick up a checked bag. I do not know about immigration at T1-3, since I always arrive inT4, but if it’s anything like immigration in T-4 it is usually pretty quick. There are (free) intra-airport buses that will take you over to T4 from T1-3. They run every few minutes, and take about 10-15 minutes.

It looks to me that to get to T4 arrivals (which is the level of the ALSA bus stop, I am pretty sure), you have to leave from T1 departures. http://www.aena.es/en/madrid-barajas-airport/transport-between-terminals.html

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Yes, possible. Try and have only a carry-on to make it even more possible.
The ALSA bus will be parked only about 50 metres from the exit out of terminal 4...exit next to the ALSA kiosk.

Totally possible, even with checked package. I've done it in 45 minutes or missed it in in 90. It really depends on your arrival and customs. If I recall there is also another bus mid day to Logroño so if you miss the morning bus you should have another option. The bummer is missing the madrugada bus and having to wait until the next morning!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I arrived at Barajas T1 a half hour earlier than your schedule and the ALSA bus left T4 about the same time as yours. I did have to pick up my poles packed in a mailing tube that I had checked. I remember having lots of time to eat a leisurely breakfast, get some Euros, and wander around. So I think, if all goes well with your incoming flight, you should be ok.

September 2019 -- I arrive at Barajas Terminal 1 at 8:45 AM; and I'd like to catch the ALSA bus to Logrono that departs Terminal 4 at 10:45 am.

Realistic?

Carry on luggage only , no worries
Enjoy the pintos , the best on the Camino.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back