• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Transiting to Spain through UK

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Corned Beef

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2024 Portuguese/ VF (South) / VF Grand St Bernard
This may be of interest to those planning a trip this year that transits (e.g. through the UK)

Brother in Law (Spanish/EU) who lives in Switzerland (EEA) and travelling home to Galicia (Vigo) got a really cheap deal on flights (CH-UK-ES) rather than direct. He was refused boarding as the rules for transiting (2 hours airside) required a PCR test to transit. He rebooked to transit (CH-ES-ES) a day later as no PCR test required for entry back into Spain.

So when booking take care to check for the pitfalls of transit as it could apply to others as well as the UK - and rules change quickly.

See rules

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I read this morning (28/6) that Portugal is now requiring UK visitors quarantine for 14 days. I wonder how that affects people who are transiting?

The reason for raising the issue is that London / Paris / Amsterdam are transit hubs. It would seem sensible to fly direct to Spain without risking changing paperwork/checks through transit hubs that might suddenly appear - like the Portugal issue.

As I understand the Portuguese decision, it creates a two tier system where those with both vaccinations of an EU approved(?) vaccine can enter without quarantine.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back