• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Transport back to Porto

Ann-MarieG

Time of past OR future Camino
March 2018
Hi

I’m starting my 2nd Camino from Porto 23rd June and my daughter is joining me. She has to fly back to Toulouse on Friday 5th July and this is where I am struggling with options.

She has a return flight booked in and out of Porto but doesn’t have to use the return section.

Anyway my question is this:- what are the cheapest options from Santiago to Toulouse. Is there an easy/cheap option of getting back to Porto for a 1pm flight? My head is wrecked trying to find the information nd thought I’d ask you seasoned Camino walkers.

Thank for any help. X

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Yes, it would be very easy to get a bus from Santiago to Porto, easier and most likely cheaper than finding transport between Santiago and Toulouse. Buses are offered multiple times a day to Porto, and as John said above, some do stop at OPO. If the timing were wrong (which it might be, since the bus takes 3.5 to 5 hours, depending on which one you take), she could take the bus down to Porto the day before to make the flight out at 1pm the following day.

The Omio app and website will show you all the bus options, and then you can either buy a ticket through Omio or through the actual bus company's website.

Buen Camino!
Faith

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Just did exactly that at the end of March! The bus is the best option, it's comfortable and it's not a very long ride - about 4 hours along scenic route!
Here's this link with the timetable so you can find out what works best:

We took the bus from Santiago to Porto the day before our very early morning flight. It was faster and cheaper than the train.

Thank you all. It seems that the earliest bus arrives at the airport at 1250. A little tight for a 1pm flight. I’ll look into her getting a late bus down the evening before.

Also, I have another question. I need to get from Baiona to Vigo on Saturday 29th bus the Omio website is not showing any options. (I’m walking from Porto to Baiona with friendsand meeting my daughter and husband in Vigo so don’t plan on walking to Vigo) we have to miss a day walking because she needs to get back to Toulouse for work by 5th July evening.

Thank you.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I've seen this question before (sdc to porto) and the consensus always lands in favour of the bus. I still have to vote for the train. Sdc to Vigo then change and Vigo to Porto. It follows a lot of the route you've just walked (if central route) and I just found it rewarding to see all those places again. But I know I'm a lone voice in this - so please ignore me!

Thank you. I’ve tried the train line again. When I put Santiago to Porto into the search it only offers one afternoon option but when I do as Phil71 suggests (Santiago to vigo, then vigo to Porto) it Works out. Yay - thank you Phil71

Thank you. I’ve tried the train line again. When I put Santiago to Porto into the search it only offers one afternoon option but when I do as Phil71 suggests (Santiago to vigo, then vigo to Porto) it Works out. Yay - thank you Phil71
The train only goes to Vigo and then you would have to transfer to another train. It's inconvenient if you're short on time. Also, flying is not much quicker than taking the bus because the flights from Santiago de
Compostela first fly to Madrid and then you would have to transfer to take the flight to Porto.

Buen Camino!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thank you all. It seems that the earliest bus arrives at the airport at 1250. A little tight for a 1pm flight. I’ll look into her getting a late bus down the evening before.

Also, I have another question. I need to get from Baiona to Vigo on Saturday 29th bus the Omio website is not showing any options. (I’m walking from Porto to Baiona with friendsand meeting my daughter and husband in Vigo so don’t plan on walking to Vigo) we have to miss a day walking because she needs to get back to Toulouse for work by 5th July evening.

Thank you.
Here's the schedule of the bus. They are fairly punctual. All you need to know is where the stop is and wait for it. It'll cost you no more than 2€ and you definitely do not need a reservation. Here is their schedule:

Buen Camino!

The Website "Rome2Rio" will give you train, bus and air connections between any two places in Europe!
Just put in the destination and the city you will be leaving from and it will give you all the options.
Terence Callery

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back