• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Transport from Alicante Train station

SandyJA

Time of past OR future Camino
None
Hi Everyone,

I'll be catching a train from Madrid to Alicante and spending the night in Alicante before moving on. Does anyone know if it's possible/easy to get a bus or a taxi from the Alicante train station?

I wasn't able to find anything online.

Thanks for your input!!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi, Sandy -- if you hit the public transport option on that map, you´ll see it´s a 40 minute bus ride on a bus that runs every 40 minutes. Sounds like a cab is the best choice. But the walk looks like it would go right along the water and might be a very nice walk, 6 km would be a little warm-up for the next day! Does the British School have accommodation for pilgrims? I´m guessing not, but I thought I´d ask! Buen camino, Laurie

Screenshot 2015-02-09 10.23.32.png

Hello! There will be taxis at the train station.. The easiest would be to walk it, as Peregrina2000 suggested.
Buen camino.

Taking a taxi shouldn't be a problem. There's a taxi stop at the exit of the station if I'm not mistaken.

By bus, interurban line C-6 (the one that goes from Alicante to the airport) goes from the train station to Agua Amarga (something like a kilometer away from where you are heading). Note: it doesn't start at the train station. The train station is just one of the stops along the route. It doesn't end in Agua Amarga either. It's also just another stop along the route of that line.
Interurban TAM bus line 27 departs from Oscar Esplá 23 (a short walk from the train station, less than 0.5 kilometers) to Jean Claude Combaldeu-Ciudad de la Luz (a similar short walk from where you are heading) but just at 8.45 a.m. (from Mondays to Fridays on work days as well as on Saturdays that aren't public holiday). At any other departure time, it leaves you at the same point that line C-6 (but line C-6 is much more frequent and you can take it at the -exit of the- train station). Neither Jean Claude Combaldeu-Ciudad de la Luz nor Agua Amarga are the ending point of line 27; i.e.: they are just stops along the route(s) of that line.

Info about interurban line C-6 (schedules, map...):

http://www.subus.es/Lineas/Linea.asp?linea=ALCC6&grupo=ALICANTEINTER

Info about interurban TAM line 27 (schedules, map...):

http://www.subus.es/Lineas/Linea.asp?linea=ALC27

if you hit the public transport option on that map, you´ll see it´s a 40 minute bus ride on a bus that runs every 40 minutes.

I'm sorry to say you didn't read it properly. I says it's a roughly 40 minutes cercanías train ride to San Gabriel station followed by some walking (it doesn't say how much walking -or I'm missing that info- but it's more than 2 kilometers).

But the walk looks like it would go right along the water and might be a very nice walk

I'm not sure if there's a sidewalk all along the route and walking on the shoulder of the highway wouldn't be an option... Be aware you have to pass a small Barranc (stream/creek) what wouldn't make off-road options (that) easy (even if the barranc had no water...)... so verify locally if it's walkable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Taking a taxi shouldn't be a problem. There's a taxi stop at the exit of the station if I'm not mistaken.

I'm sorry to say you didn't read it properly. I says it's a roughly 40 minutes cercanías train ride to San Gabriel station followed by some walking (it doesn't say how much walking -or I'm missing that info- but it's more than 2 kilometers).

You're of course right about that, I didn't add on the walking! So it's even a less convenient option. Based on one random streetview shot, I would say taxi is the clear winner. Thanks, Castilian.

Screenshot 2015-02-11 18.15.33.png

Sorry, the above maps, photo and advice refer to the airport, not the train station if I'm not much mistaken. It is in the town. It is an easy 10 min. walk to the very centre of Alicante. I was there last March.

Sorry, the above maps, photo and advice refer to the airport, not the train station if I'm not much mistaken. It is in the town. It is an easy 10 min. walk to the very centre of Alicante. I was there last March.

The info from the maps and photo is correct.
The Airport is at least 10 km out of town in the direction of Torre Vieja.
In fact, King's college, which Sandy wants to reach, is on the way to the airport, almost half way between the town and the said airport.
I was there for four years.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Zoom out the map in the link, and you can see how central the station is:

http://www.alicante-spain.com/alicante_train.html

Quoted from the above website:

"
Alicante Train Stations
train1.gif
Alicante Central Train Station

Alicante’s main train station is located directly in the center of the city."

The station is located on the south side of the inner centre. 5-10 mins. easy walk.

Read the reviews here: Walking distance to centre of town:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti...a_Blanca_Alicante_Province_Valen.html#REVIEWS

I should remark that it is a very new station, for the new highspeed trains.

Last edited:
Zoom out the map in the link, and you can see how central the station is:

http://www.alicante-spain.com/alicante_train.html

Quoted from the above website:

"
Alicante Train Stations
train1.gif
Alicante Central Train Station

Alicante’s main train station is located directly in the center of the city."

The station is located on the south side of the inner centre. 5-10 mins. easy walk.

Read the reviews here: Walking distance to centre of town:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti...a_Blanca_Alicante_Province_Valen.html#REVIEWS

I should remark that it is a very new station, for the new highspeed trains.

Hi, Alex, I'm afraid we're all confusing this question for poor Sandy. She wants to get from the train station to Kings College, which is not in the center. The mistake I made in my reading of the map showing the public transport option was to not realize that the train stopped a good 2 km before her destination. My streetview photo shows one scene from from the walking route from city center to her destination. Canuck tells us that route is in the direction of the airport.

Sandy, take a taxi!!!!

Sorry for adding to the confusion! Buen camino, Laurie

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
An extra note/tip: if the map on the subus web is accurate, the route from Agua Amarga bus stop to King's College would be walkable (not through Avenida de Elche but through Avenida Jean Claude Combaldieu what makes it a longer walk). Just in case that Sandy wanted to avoid a taxi at all costs.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I’m planning to send to Santiago a smaller bag with things I need for the flight, extra days pre/post Camino, and whatever else I decide that I won’t need. I could send it from Roncesvalles...
I am having difficulty finding out how to get to Belorado from Madrid airport. Arriving 6/1 at about 8 a.m. at airport. After customs and baggage claim, it should be about 9:30 a.m. Willing to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back