• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Transport from Astorga to Sarria

The 5 McC's

the 6mcs
Time of past OR future Camino
Sarria to Santiago July 2014 and SJJP to estella 2015. Planning Estella to Bolerado 2016
Hi we are hoping to walk one week in July from Astorga to Sarria. There are 7 of us going but one of us has had a lot of medical problems but would like to come for the experience. He will not be able to walk every day and we are wondering is there a bus from each town to the next or a taxi service. I also read somewhere previously that if you use the bag drop sometimes they will take a passenger to the next destination. Has anyone any experience of this all thoughts greatly accepted. Thank you

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
A Taxi is about 1e per km. Bus much cheaper if the timing works. Go to ROME2RIO.com and just plug in each day's journey and you can find this. Enjoy! ps: yes, luggage transfers do this, but no guarantee. You can ask mgr. at your lodging to call?

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
A Taxi is about 1e per km. Bus much cheaper if the timing works. Go to ROME2RIO.com and just plug in each day's journey and you can find this. Enjoy! ps: yes, luggage transfers do this, but no guarantee. You can ask mgr. at your lodging to call?
Thank you

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I’m only suggesting this as something for you to consider in case it applies to your group situation. I encountered a family group where one man could not do the walk because of health but he wanted to be part of it. He had a rented car, and he transported their bags each day, and met them at designated crossroads with beverages and food. His wife told me he was so excited about being the support for the group and took it very seriously. It was his way he could “do the camino” with his family. I could tell it meant the world to him. I applaud you for seeking a way to include him.

This is an idea as well and would be good too. I don’t know if he would have the confidence to drive in Spain. The opposite side of the road for him. Def something worth considering though.

He will not be able to walk every day and we are wondering is there a bus from each town to the next or a taxi service.

Hi, we had a guy in our group who had to take a taxi each day. It cost about 25 euros each time. Some of the group paid him 5 euros each to take their backpack with him. It covered the cost of his taxi!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi, we had a guy in our group who had to take a taxi each day. It cost about 25 euros each time. Some of the group paid him 5 euros each to take their backpack with him. It covered the cost of his taxi!

I would definitely go this way and you will save a few euros! How exciting for you all, may you have a wonderful camino

Thanks so much all good ideas and definitely glad it’s doable.

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back