Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Transport from Asturias airport to Oviedo at night

ChrisKoester

Time of past OR future Camino
The French Way (2012), The Original Way (2013)
Hey!

I'm arriving to Asturias Airport (OVD) at 23:00 on the 27th of june, and have to go to my hostel in Oviedo.
I was told that busses were leaving from the airport until midnight, but all scedules that I now have looked up, shows that the last bus leave at 23:00...

So - will my only option be a 40k ride in a taxi?

How is hitchhiking opportunties in this area at that time?

Any suggestions are welcome :)

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hi Chris
i have been checking the Alsa website myself and have seen an extra bus at 23h20, there is no email address to ask a question if the bus waits for the last flight?

yvettealbertse said:
Hi Chris
i have been checking the Alsa website myself and have seen an extra bus at 23h20, there is no email address to ask a question if the bus waits for the last flight?

Ok - If that is true, then might I just catch it if I run! I havn't found any where to ask...

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
We'll have the same thing, arriving at 22.15 with Ryanair. Could catch a bus to Oviedo, but maybe we'll see and go rather the other direction to the seaside and the day after to Oviedo.

Does anyone know how far the seaside is from there, walking? taxi?

Thx! :)

Normita said:
We'll have the same thing, arriving at 22.15 with Ryanair. Could catch a bus to Oviedo, but maybe we'll see and go rather the other direction to the seaside and the day after to Oviedo.

Does anyone know how far the seaside is from there, walking? taxi?

Thx! :)

Asturias Airport is just 2-3 km from the seaside, so you could easily walk there. Since you are arriving at 22:15, you will for sure have the opportunity to catch the bus to Oviedo. It's just out of the terminal and to the right! ;)

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! Started today from Oviedo to Escamplero. Now I know, why so many people say it's a bit of a challenge to come out of Oviedo. I got lost just once, but was rescued by a very friendly guy. A...
I have been trying to find a way to avoid the circus during the last stages of Frances. In two hours you can take the Lugo - Ourense train and walk the last stages on the Plata. Is it a good idea...
https://www.alojamientoloshospitales.com/albergue I found a link to this place in an old thread, but can't find it on WisePilgrim, the Gronze map or if I search by address. Can someone tell me...
Hi all Heading out for a meal tonight and Pilgrim mass before starting the Primitivo tomorrow. Any recommendations on where to get a great meal in Oviedo?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.