• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Transport from Bilbao to Logrono

Alosprior

Time of past OR future Camino
(2016) Start - Pampalona
(2017) Pampalona to Logrono
(2018) We will be travelling Logrono to Burgos
We are flying into Bilbao Airport on Friday 25th May 2018. We are continuing where we finished off last year, in Logrona

I cannot find public transport to get from Bilbao to Logrona on the Friday evening?

Can anyone help?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
We are flying into Bilbao Airport on Friday 25th May 2018. We are continuing where we finished off last year, in Logrona

I cannot find public transport to get from Bilbao to Logrona on the Friday evening?

Can anyone help?

Do check the various possibilities suggested on www.Rome2Rio.com

Good luck and Buen camino!

Rome2rio says 2 buses each day but I can’t get the timetable on the ALSA site to work. The airport shuttle goes to Termibus in Bilbao which is where all the bus originate.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I had a quick look around and there doesn't seem to be anything in the evening. So, you have two possibilities:

Try to find a BlaBla car https://www.blablacar.es/ or spend the night in Bilbao.

Buen Camino, SY

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Do check the various possibilities suggested on www.Rome2Rio.com

Good luck and Buen camino!
Great minds think alike. I abandoned the Norte, there were more pilgrims than beds and the weather was the pits. I am in Fromista tonight headed backward to see Eduardo in Boadilla and then a peaceful week along Canal Castille to link up with the Camino Madrid in Puente Duero where Oliver is working this month. Onward to Moratinos to visit Reb and Paddy. Not sure where to next but I am thinking I deserve a night in the Parador in Leon for once. Kim’s Stone Boat in Rabanal is on my list as well.

Great minds think alike. I abandoned the Norte, there were more pilgrims than beds and the weather was the pits. I am in Fromista tonight headed backward to see Eduardo in Boadilla and then a peaceful week along Canal Castille to link up with the Camino Madrid in Puente Duero where Oliver is working this month. Onward to Moratinos to visit Reb and Paddy. Not sure where to next but I am thinking I deserve a night in the Parador in Leon for once. Kim’s Stone Boat in Rabanal is on my list as well.

Don,
The Parador San Marcos is closed until 2020 for extensive refurbishing.
Twas ever thus!

See various alternatives both simple and luxe in this recent forum thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/parador-in-leon-alternatives.53742/

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Can anyone help?

Not sure why this information is so difficult to find : see http://cuadrabuslineas.com/en/

Numerous services with the last departure being at 2030 ; is this late enough for you?

Seats available to purchase online ; tested just now (without completing the deal).

Buen camino.

There are also trains from Bilbao to Logrono. I've done this journey by train, though it was in the morning.

Cuadrabus runs good service from Sam Mammes bus terminal which has a direct bus from airport to terminus pick up ticket at back of main building in terminus make sure you go into right office not alsa. see schedules online.
See lines and stops
INGLES.png

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
05/11/2017
CUADRABUS BEGINS NEXT MONDAY, MAY 8TH, THE NEW SERVICE THAT WILL JOIN BILBAO AND LOGROÑO AND THAT WILL OFFER MULTIPLE ADVANTAGES
The company of transport of passengers by road, CuadraBus , inaugurates, next Monday, May 8, a new line that will link Bilbao and Logroño during the next 10 years and that will mean an improvement in services and frequencies, especially on weekends , and a reduction in the price of the ticket.

The line Bilbao - Logroño will unite, both localities by highway with intermediate stop in Haro and will also serve in certain hours to a good number of localities of the region of Rioja Alavesa as Labastida, Samaniego, Laguardia and Assa, and other bordering to this region as Zambrana. Likewise, it will stop at the Hospital de Leza and the municipalities of San Vicente de La Sonsierra, Briñas and Ábalos.

05/11/2017
CUADRABUS BEGINS NEXT MONDAY, MAY 8TH, THE NEW SERVICE THAT WILL JOIN BILBAO AND LOGROÑO AND THAT WILL OFFER MULTIPLE ADVANTAGES
The company of transport of passengers by road, CuadraBus , inaugurates, next Monday, May 8, a new line that will link Bilbao and Logroño during the next 10 years and that will mean an improvement in services and frequencies, especially on weekends , and a reduction in the price of the ticket.

The line Bilbao - Logroño will unite, both localities by highway with intermediate stop in Haro and will also serve in certain hours to a good number of localities of the region of Rioja Alavesa as Labastida, Samaniego, Laguardia and Assa, and other bordering to this region as Zambrana. Likewise, it will stop at the Hospital de Leza and the municipalities of San Vicente de La Sonsierra, Briñas and Ábalos.
Thank you. That seems very helpful. Can you tell me where do you get the bus in Bilbao.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thank you. That seems very helpful. Can you tell me where do you get the bus in Bilbao.

Mary,

Sorry for not getting back this post dates back to 2017 but is still relevant you can catch the train from Bilbao center Bilbao Metro brilliant system, make sure your going in right direction to San Mammes bus Terminal, Go up elevator and the termibus is directly in front, go into terminal and go round the back of the large white building and go to Cuadro ticket office get your ticket there. Just make sure you are in right ticket office as there are two.

Have a great one Mary.

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I'd like some recommendations about where to find the most current and up to date information about albergues that are actually open. I'm currently walking the camino Frances, and I can't even...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.