Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Transport from Finisterre to Santiago airport

mazzar

Camino(s) past & future
Portughese from Tui (2020)
On April, I plan to complete my camino, to reach Finisterre as last stage. The next day, I have the flight from Santiago airport leaving at 1.30pm, so I need to reach the airport earlier than noon. I couldn't find any bus from Finisterre direct to Santiago airport. There is a bus from Finisterre to Santiago town, but the earliest arrives at 1pm, so it is no feasible. Do you have any suggestion? A taxi seems to me too expensive. Thanks
Riccardo

mazzar

Camino(s) past & future
Since I travel on Sunday, first bus is at 9:45am and arrives at 1pm. More than 3 hours (!) for 80 km of distance, as it travels through muxia and other small villages.

We had a similar problem in that our travel was on Sunday, and there is no early bus that day. We ended up changing our route to Muxia, as there is an early morning bus to Santiago that day. ( as we are walking between the 2 it didn’t make much difference)

mazzar

Camino(s) past & future
The bus from Muxia leaves at 7:30, and is a 90 minute trip maybe a cheaper option would be to taxi from Finnsterre to Muxia and catch that bus
That's a good suggestion. Thank you. Indeed, the bus from Muxia leaves at 7:30am and is much faster and direct than Monbus. I assume that wouldn't be a problem to book a taxi in Finisterre.

Phoenix

Camino(s) past & future
2014, CF: partial
2016, CF
2018, CF: partial
2019, CP
The bus from Muxia leaves at 7:30, and is a 90 minute trip maybe a cheaper option would be to taxi from Finnsterre to Muxia and catch that bus
Last fall I needed to travel from Muxia to Finisterre on a Sunday, but no bus transport was available. The albergue gave a recommendation for taxi service the evening before and even called to make the reservation for the exact time we wanted. The cost was €30 for the ride from Muxia to Finisterre, and I was fortunate to split it three ways with two other pilgrims. If you know where you will be staying in Finisterre, per haps they can make the reservation for you.

mazzar

Camino(s) past & future
Your lowest cost option though is to take the late bus (7pm ) on Saturday night from Finnesterre to Santiago, and spend the night there
Yes, but I would arrive to Santiago at 10pm, 3h travel time, ... not very convenient.
Riccardo

RJM

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
A few times
You are going to have a difficult time getting to the Santiago airport in time if you try to reach it the same day from Finisterre via bus.

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 56 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 327 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.0%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock