• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Transport from Finisterre to Santiago airport

mazzar

Time of past OR future Camino
Portughese from Tui (2020)
On April, I plan to complete my camino, to reach Finisterre as last stage. The next day, I have the flight from Santiago airport leaving at 1.30pm, so I need to reach the airport earlier than noon. I couldn't find any bus from Finisterre direct to Santiago airport. There is a bus from Finisterre to Santiago town, but the earliest arrives at 1pm, so it is no feasible. Do you have any suggestion? A taxi seems to me too expensive. Thanks
Riccardo

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Since I travel on Sunday, first bus is at 9:45am and arrives at 1pm. More than 3 hours (!) for 80 km of distance, as it travels through muxia and other small villages.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
We had a similar problem in that our travel was on Sunday, and there is no early bus that day. We ended up changing our route to Muxia, as there is an early morning bus to Santiago that day. ( as we are walking between the 2 it didn’t make much difference)

The bus from Muxia leaves at 7:30, and is a 90 minute trip maybe a cheaper option would be to taxi from Finnsterre to Muxia and catch that bus

The bus from Muxia leaves at 7:30, and is a 90 minute trip maybe a cheaper option would be to taxi from Finnsterre to Muxia and catch that bus

That's a good suggestion. Thank you. Indeed, the bus from Muxia leaves at 7:30am and is much faster and direct than Monbus. I assume that wouldn't be a problem to book a taxi in Finisterre.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Last fall I needed to travel from Muxia to Finisterre on a Sunday, but no bus transport was available. The albergue gave a recommendation for taxi service the evening before and even called to make the reservation for the exact time we wanted. The cost was €30 for the ride from Muxia to Finisterre, and I was fortunate to split it three ways with two other pilgrims. If you know where you will be staying in Finisterre, per haps they can make the reservation for you.

Your lowest cost option though is to take the late bus (7pm ) on Saturday night from Finnesterre to Santiago, and spend the night there

Your lowest cost option though is to take the late bus (7pm ) on Saturday night from Finnesterre to Santiago, and spend the night there

Yes, but I would arrive to Santiago at 10pm, 3h travel time, ... not very convenient.
Riccardo

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
You are going to have a difficult time getting to the Santiago airport in time if you try to reach it the same day from Finisterre via bus.

Most read last week in this forum

yesterday a very dear friend passed away, a wonderful lady I have known since I started working in the Middle East 15 years ago (she was Muslim- only writing that as it was strange to others she...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back