• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Transport from Pamplona to Sarria

Maltese-Mars

Time of past OR future Camino
Plan walk Sept / Oct 2016
I am planning to walk the Camino in October however due to limited time I intend to do 3 days into to Pamplona from SJPP and then the last 100k from Sarria into Santiago . Any advise on transport from Pamplona to Sarria.

My research leads me to believe I need to go via Madrid and Santiago?

thank you

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Hi Maltese-Mars, welcome to the Forum!

If you don't mind doing a long journey at once, it will be probably easier and quicker to take the Renfe train from Pamplona to Sarria (once a day, +- 30 euro). It's a 7-hour journey with a quick change in Monforte de Lemos.

If you intend to make any stops on the way, however, you can check other itineraries. The Renfe trains and the Alsa buses cover the North of Spain very well.

Hi Maltese-Mars! Welcome to the fórum!

Train from Pamplona to Monforte de Lemos and another one from Monforte de Lemos to Sarria. Take a look at www.renfe.com for info about schedules, fares and ticket purchase although you'll have to wait till closer to your departure date to find the full Schedule uploaded to their web.

If you prefer to travel by night, you can take the last train of the day from Pamplona to Castejón de Ebro and the overnight train from Castejón de Ebro to Sarria. Alternatively, you can take a bus from Pamplona to Logroño (with www.laestellesa.com) and catch the overnight train in Logroño.

Last edited by a moderator:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Train goes direct (with transfer) and is probably cheapest and most convenient.

Else fly Pamplona to Madrid. Madrid to Santiago or A Coruña.

Take Empresa Freire bus from Santiago Airport to Lugo or Arriva bus from A Coruña bus station to Lugo.

Take Monbus bus from Lugo to Sarria.

I'll leave it to you to work out whether the schedule is better than the train.

One other item is train to Sarria via Monforte de Lemos. You might get better results taking train to Monforte de Lemos then take Monbus from Monforte de Lemos to Sarria.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back