• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Transport from Santiago to sarria

Thomas Morrison

Time of past OR future Camino
I am doing St Jean Pied de Port to Pamploma. Arriving in Saint Jean Pied de Port on the 15/9/16. Starting the walk on 16/9/16
Hi everyone
I’m flying into Santiago on 24th of May 23. I’ll be in Santiago from 17.00hrs.
I’m looking for any advice about transport from Santiago to Sarria after 17.00hrs. Buses, trains or even car share ideas.
Thank you​

Last edited by a moderator:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Monbus has scheduled for today:
One bus for Sarria to Santiago.
Nine buses for Sarria to Lugo.
Ten buses for Lugo to Santiago.​

Edit: Sorry, the above was copied from a post about going the other way. Anyway, use the link below to view the scheduling.

But you can also qualify for a compostella by walking from Lugo and save yourself two days on the busy CF. See

Monbus has scheduled for today:

One bus for Sarria to Santiago.

Nine buses for Sarria to Lugo.

Ten buses for Lugo to Santiago.

Edit: Sorry, the above was copied from a post about going the other way. Anyway, use the link below to view the scheduling.

But you can also qualify for a compostella by walking from Lugo and save yourself two days on the busy CF. See

https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/lugo-to-santiago.77492/

Thank you.

There's a monbus from santiago 0.00o lugo at 17.00hrs and a connection from lugo at 18.30hrs to sarria arriving in Sarria at 20.00hrs. IDEAL.
thank you Rick

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I am looking to book a bus for my wife from Santiago to Sarria on 12 June. When I go to the Monbus website it is only showing May and won't allow a selection in June. Does anyone know when they open up the next months bookings ?

Unfortunately I found the same problem. Although I’ve been watching the monbus timetables and they seem to continue each month with same times. The connection in Lugo to Sarria is only a 5 minute transfer time in our case so having your ticket already booked would be advisable. Sorry I couldn’t have been more help Buen Camino

I sent an email inquiry to Monbus and they responded that they do the scheduling and sales month by month. They said to look for the June schedule toward the end of May. (I had thought there might be some problem with my browser only showing May, but no).
I trust the June schedule will come up at end of May, but a little disconcerting as we are looking to travel SdeC to Triacastela on 6 June.
(I feel like I need some sort of sniping service ~ a la ebay ~ to snag the tickets as soon as they're up on the website ~ hahaha ~ )

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back