• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Transport from SJPP

Bretom

Time of past OR future Camino
Starting our Camino journey next Sept 13th.
hi pilgrims, I am hoping to start my first Camino in a few weeks time with my husband. Arriving in SJPP on13th Sept. We has hoped to start at the start and do as many stages as we could do . Unfortunately due to health issues we feel the first two stages nay be problematic. I have organised accommodation in Roncevalles on the 14th. Also in Zubiri on the 15th. My question is regarding transport via bus.. from these locations. We hope then to start walking from Zubiri to pamplona. Staying in our reserved accommodations and enjoying these villages. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.
Bon Camino

Last edited by a moderator:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Why are you going to SJPP and Roncesvalles at all? "The start" of a Camino is wherever you start - and not everybody starts in SJPP or Roncesvalles. It would seem to make sense to simply start in Pamplona, which is easy to get to. If your flights are already booked to Biarritz, you can probably get transport from there to Pamplona, and you will have two more days to walk later stages on the Camino Frances.

Why are you going to SJPP and Roncesvalles at all? "The start" of a Camino is wherever you start - and not everybody starts in SJPP or Roncesvalles. It would seem to make sense to simply start in Pamplona, which is easy to get to. If your flights are already booked to Biarritz, you can probably get transport from there to Pamplona, and you will have two more days to walk later stages on the Camino Frances.
Thank you, sometimes the obvious needs to be stated. I will take that very good advice.
Much appreciated

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I agree much easier to get to and far less stressful for you to start in Pamplona. It is also a great place to visit if you have an extra day. It seems like there is always a celebration in Pamplona. I think they have festival days to celebrate a day that isn't a festival day.

hi pilgrims, I am hoping to start my first Camino in a few weeks time with my husband. Arriving in SJPP on13th Sept. We has hoped to start at the start and do as many stages as we could do . Unfortunately due to health issues we feel the first two stages nay be problematic. I have organised accommodation in Roncevalles on the 14th. Also in Zubiri on the 15th. My question is regarding transport via bus.. from these locations. We hope then to start walking from Zubiri to pamplona. Staying in our reserved accommodations and enjoying these villages. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.
Bon Camino
Both Roncevelles and Zubiri are an experience as well. Hire a taxi, it's very inexpensive, and you get to see the beauty of the Basque region. If you are there and have the time, why not?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Has anyone used the train from Biarritz to Pamplona? Which train station is best .
I appreciate the helpful advice offered on this forum .
Breda

There is no train. The train from Biarritz to the Spanish border follows the coast to Hendaye.

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.