• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Transport Sahagun to Madrid

Time of past OR future Camino
CFx5
Norte
Primitivo
CP
Le Puy-SJPP
Via F
greetings to everyone and hoping you had a good Christmas
Best wishes too for the new year and beyond

Starting the CF again in June but for domestic reasons we have to get home on Monday the 19th June befor returning to Sahagun again two weeks later in July

Does anyone know if there is a very early bus or train from Sahagun to Madrid on this day

I have checked on Renfe and Alsa but their timetables have not yet been uploaded
Am hoping there will be some early transport before booking the plane tomorrow
With grateful thanks for any info. Annette

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hola Annette - I understand the problem of getting information so far in advance. I think train is the only option and in the early part of 2017 I see that there is a train listed as leaving Sahagún for Madrid at 7.22 am. I'm going to the station in Santiago tomorrow and I'll ask if they know anything. But worse case scenario you may have to travel to Madrid on the 18th.

Depends what you call early and what time your flight is - the 7:22 ex-Sahagun arrives Madrid 10:15, with a change in Valladolid, seems to run pretty consistently through the year. That is its featured on the time-table every time I've looked or used it for the last three years. (Note: the same train, unless you change at V arrives Madrid at 11:45.)

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
You can use this weeks schedule for planning. The schedule doesn't change much.

I would not, however, rely on the information and make major commitments such as flights unless your plan is to overnight in Madrid.

Renfe provides train service from Sahagun to Madrid.

ALSA has a schedule that usually has two buses daily between Burgos and Leon. You would need to transfer to a bus (or train) going to Madrid.

Many thanks to JohinneWalker, Tincatinker,and Whariwharangi for your information and sound advice....I'll be off and booking tomorrow!
Best wishes and a happy new year.Annette

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
Hi - I've been waiting to book 2 June from Santiago dC to Madrid - finally the tickets are out! Funnily enough the luxury seats were cheaper than economy seats, so I took one.
I’m planning to send to Santiago a smaller bag with things I need for the flight, extra days pre/post Camino, and whatever else I decide that I won’t need. I could send it from Roncesvalles...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back