• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Transport to Conques?

Keith Hearn

Time of past OR future Camino
Le Puy -> Conques June 2015
Conques -> Rocamadour -> Moissac? June 2016
Ultreia
My wife and I walked Le-Puy to Conques last summer and are planning on continuing from Conques in June. We'll be visiting her mother in Grenoble first, then we need to get to Conques somehow. At the end of our trip last year, we took the Compostel'bus back to Le-Puy, and that's one option for getting to Conques this year. But the bus leaves Le-Puy at 7:50am to arrive at Conques around noon, so we'd have to leave Grenoble the day before and overnight at Le-Puy, then spend a night at Conques before starting (unless we want to start walking in the afternoon after riding a bus all morning).

So I'm wondering if anyone knows of an alternate way to get there (other than driving)?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
My wife and I walked Le-Puy to Conques last summer and are planning on continuing from Conques in June. We'll be visiting her mother in Grenoble first, then we need to get to Conques somehow. At the end of our trip last year, we took the Compostel'bus back to Le-Puy, and that's one option for getting to Conques this year. But the bus leaves Le-Puy at 7:50am to arrive at Conques around noon, so we'd have to leave Grenoble the day before and overnight at Le-Puy, then spend a night at Conques before starting (unless we want to start walking in the afternoon after riding a bus all morning).

So I'm wondering if anyone knows of an alternate way to get there (other than driving)?

Contact La Malle Postale in Le Puy. They transport luggage and people and are really nice.

Thanks, gittihare. I just checked their website and they only have the timetable for the Cahors -> Le Puy direction, but they do have two trips per day that direction, so they must have two per day going the other way to get the vans back to the start. So we should be able to take trains from Grenoble -> Le Puy in the morning and take their afternoon trip down to Conques to get there in just one day.

I'll have my wife call them to confirm the departure times from Le Puy. She's a native French speaker, something I highly recommend to have in your packing list for a pilgrimage starting in France. :)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I sugest that you rent a car in Grenoble and drive it to Rodez. From there take a taxi to Conques.
I did it myself and it should be the fastest way to get to Conques.

Hi everyone, I am finishing my walk from Le-Puy somewhere around about Estaing or Senergues (or even Conques if I feel incredibly energetic) but then I have to get to Rodez (or some other major train station) to get a train to Narbonne.

So is taxi the only way to get from Estaing or Senergues or Conques to Rodez? And, if so, how do I book it in advance (presuming I should do that?)

Or are there "camino" buses to Rodez from Conques?

Many thanks in advance!
Jim from Australia

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
What's the best way to get to Conques from Rodez? Am walking from there in early September.

There is a bus from the Rodez rr station to Conques. Trip takes about 1 hour. Check more info on www.Rome2Rio.com.

Here is a fictional account re Conques and Le Puy by fellow forum member Robertt that you might enjoy.

For those of us who love architecture to stay at Conques and slowly visit these abbey structures is a unforgettable experience. Try to read as much as possible about Conques before you arrive.

Happy planning and Bon chemin.

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

We commenced walking the Via Podiensis on Saturday 13th April 2024. We are from Australia and find it easier to bring our stuff for the Camino in a suitcase, as we have extra clothes for before...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.