• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Transport to St Jean from Biarritz or Bayonne

molinera

Hi all
I am embarking on my first camino on 28 August. It has taken me quite some time to actually decide to go for it and I'm both excited and nervous. I am flying to Bordeaux on Tuesday 27 August arr c 14.40 and then making my way by train to Bayonne or Biarritz, arriving about 18.50. Unfortunately this appears to be too late to catch a train to SJPDP (unless I somehow manage to get from Bordeaux airport to catch the earlier train which leaves at 15.51. Somehow this seems highly unlikely!) I haven't booked the train stage of the journey yet - any advice on booking French trains most welcome. Do I have to reserve a seat? I am also looking for anyone willing to share a taxi to SJ around the times I've mentioned above - either the express bourricot or other. I've contact bourricot but am waiting for a reply.

Linda

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The train to SJPdP does not have reserved seats, and allows standing passengers, so just go, buy your ticket, and get aboard.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi, I am going to start my road on the same date. I heard that it is better to go first day in groups, because it is easy to get lost in mountains. Do you want to go together ? :)
I stay in Gite Compostella 6, Route d'Arnéguy 64220 St Jean Pied de Port. And I will start walking on 28.th when sun is rising around 7:15 am
Zanda

Hi, I am going to start my road on the same date. I heard that it is better to go first day in groups, because it is easy to get lost in mountains. Do you want to go together ? :)
I stay in Gite Compostella 6, Route d'Arnéguy 64220 St Jean Pied de Port. And I will start walking on 28.th when sun is rising around 7:15 am
Zanda
Hi Zandra, welcome to the forum. There is very little risk of getting lost in the mountains the first day unless you are unlucky enough to have heavy fog. Get advice from the Pilgrim Office in St. Jean on weather conditions on the mountain, and heed this advice. There will be many pilgrims leaving each day from St. Jean so you will not be walking alone. Have a safe and enjoyable Camino.
Buen Camino.

Hello Molinera and Zandra welcome to the forum not long to wait now before you start your beautiful and wonderful adventure Buen camino to both of you have a life changing experience .

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Zanda
If you want to join a group, it will be easy. You are going to meet other pilgrims in your gite, or if it is not the case (or they are not your style), just wait for other walkers (everybody leaves more or less at the same hour). The general ambient is social and friendly. Anyway, study carefully the maps, just in case...Ah, as you are lodged on the way to Arneguy/Valcarlos, be sure which route you are taking.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I’m planning to send to Santiago a smaller bag with things I need for the flight, extra days pre/post Camino, and whatever else I decide that I won’t need. I could send it from Roncesvalles...
I am having difficulty finding out how to get to Belorado from Madrid airport. Arriving 6/1 at about 8 a.m. at airport. After customs and baggage claim, it should be about 9:30 a.m. Willing to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back