• Update: The images and attachemnets are now back, we are generating new thumbnails.... (this takes time with 20 years of photos). I know the notification icon gives an error. That error should be gone within an hour or two. Sorry again! Ivar
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Transport Vigo to Ferrol

Marye

Time of past OR future Camino
English way 2016
Hi we are a group of 6 planning to do Camino Ingleses in May. We are flying to Vigo and travelling to Ferrol to start our walk. Any info on transport options appreciated.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The bus we caught from Santiago to Ferrol came in from Vigo. it was run by Castromil, part of the Monbus site, as in @mspath 's link. We bought our tickets at the bus station but you can buy them on-line, which might be better for a group.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Hi Marye,

I don't know what your budget is but if you have awkward flight times or you don't want to pre-book a specific bus in case of flight delay then another option is to privately hire with Monbus. I have a group of nine arriving into Santiago airport and transferring to Ferrol to do the Ingles in June. I have been quoted EUR 24 per person for a private transfer picking up at the airport and dropping at the hotel in Ferrol. Although this is about EUR 12 more than the normal public bus it saves us transferring to the bus station in Santiago and the risk of pre-booking seats (which I feel we would need to do for nine people) and then missing the booked bus because of flight delays.

You can request a quote via the following link http://www.monbus.es/en/renting-vehicles-with-driver and then see whether it is financially viable for 6 people.

Hi Marye,

I don't know what your budget is but if you have awkward flight times or you don't want to pre-book a specific bus in case of flight delay then another option is to privately hire with Monbus. I have a group of nine arriving into Santiago airport and transferring to Ferrol to do the Ingles in June. I have been quoted EUR 24 per person for a private transfer picking up at the airport and dropping at the hotel in Ferrol. Although this is about EUR 12 more than the normal public bus it saves us transferring to the bus station in Santiago and the risk of pre-booking seats (which I feel we would need to do for nine people) and then missing the booked bus because of flight delays.

You can request a quote via the following link http://www.monbus.es/en/renting-vehicles-with-driver and then see whether it is financially viable for 6 people.
MonBus offers several departures from Vigo bus station direct to Ferrol. See more here.

For other transport possibilities see www.Rome2Rio.com.
Thanks

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Most read last week in this forum

Beautiful walking weather on the Camino Ingles today
On one of the FB forums, someone asked about detouring to Fragas do Eume, just outside of Pontedeume, and it looks amazing. Since I'm splitting up Ferrol - Pontedeume into two days (taking the...
We lost a set of black Leki trekking poles today between Ferrol and Neda just past the Monastario de San Martino. We sat down for a rest near the top of the hill amidst the houses. The poles were...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back