Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Transportation availability

frank conn

Time of past OR future Camino
camino primitivo 2017
I will be starting the Camino on Sept. 21st and have about a week. This will leave me about 3 stages short of Lugo. Will I be able to catch a bus from Grandas de Salime to Lugo? Also will I need to bring a sleeping bag or will a blanket suffice?
Thanks to all
Francisco

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Not sure about bus services from Grandas de Salime, but if you make it to Fonsagrada there is a service to Lugo which you can check online by a local autobus company Her-Vei.

I will be starting the Camino on Sept. 21st and have about a week. This will leave me about 3 stages short of Lugo. Will I be able to catch a bus from Grandas de Salime to Lugo? Also will I need to bring a sleeping bag or will a blanket suffice?
Thanks to all
Francisco

As far as I am aware there is still no public transport between Grandas de Salime and Fonsagrada. As Mike says the service between Fonsagrada and Lugo is by Her-Vei. http://her-vei.com/#horarios
There is always the possibility of a taxi which we have used on a cold wet day after walking most of the distance from Castro to Fonsagrada where we had stayed the night to shorten the day's walk from Grandas.

Blessings on your planning :)
Tio Tel

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I will be starting the Camino on Sept. 21st and have about a week. .................. Also will I need to bring a sleeping bag or will a blanket suffice?
Thanks to all
Francisco
It could be quite chilly at night so a sleeping bag would be a good idea, in case the albergue does not have sufficient blankets.
(Edit) For transport, maybe you could skip some of the earlier stages by catching the ALSA bus from Oviedo to Grado, or similar and then you could at least walk to A Fonsagrada or even Lugo itself.
ALSA runs one bus most days between Oviedo and Grandas de Salime, but you will need to check where it touches the Camino (eg Grado, Salas, Pola de Allande) and where it misses (eg Campiello)

Last edited:
Thanks to all
Francisco

Only seeing your post now. There was no bus service from Grandas when I was there earlier this year. I hopped in a taxi. There are at least two or three taxi companies in the town. Pre-booking is recommended if you can.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! Started today from Oviedo to Escamplero. Now I know, why so many people say it's a bit of a challenge to come out of Oviedo. I got lost just once, but was rescued by a very friendly guy. A...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back