A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Transportation from Lisbon to Seville via Caceres?

mai

Camino(s) past & future
CF in April 2018.
After CF, I will visit Lisbon, then Seville.

There are 2 alternatives of transportation: 1) direct night bus to Seville, or 2) night bus to Caceres (21:30-03:15), and half-day visit at Caceres, then take bus to Seville.

My questions are:
1) Is it popular for people to take night bus fm Lisbon to Caceres?
2) Is Caceres worth visiting half day, or better 1 night stay?

If anyone could share his/her experience for the above questions?
Thank you very much.

Ps. Last time I have taken bus fm Seville to Lisbon via Faro. This time I am considering to change route via Caceres.

Last edited:

Advertisment

Keith H

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2020)
I’ll be interested in this one too. My wife is at a conference in Lisbon and wanted to go to Seville . She is looking into transport options. She said the reviews of the Lisbon to Seville overnight aren’t that great.

Davey Boyd

Camino(s) past & future
Seven Compostelas in Three years and counting......
I don't know about the buses, but Caceres is definitely worth visiting. I took a day off there last year.

Davey

mai

Camino(s) past & future
CF in April 2018.
I’ll be interested in this one too. My wife is at a conference in Lisbon and wanted to go to Seville . She is looking into transport options. She said the reviews of the Lisbon to Seville overnight aren’t that great.
Just found there is day bus fm Lisbon to Caceres by Avanza, good!

12:15-18:00 by Avanza.com
21:15/30-3:15. by Euroline/Alsa

Just for your wife’s information.

Advertisment

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés (May-July 2017)
Camino Primitivo (May-June 2018)
Camino Portugués (Spring 2019)
I also recommend Cáceres. Here's a video I shot there of a busker to get you in the mood!

camino-david

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Caminos Frances (x4), Finisterre, Aragon, Via de la Plata, Portuguese 2011 -2015. Hospitalero 2015
Caceres is a wonderful, beautiful, interesting city at least 2000 years old, worth at least a day,

Personally I would never arrive in a city at 03.15 in the morning in the dark, possibility few taxies to get you to all-night hotel. I would always take the daytime bus, with the added advantage that you can see the scenary

William Marques

Staff member
Donating Member
I have taken a hire car from Lisbon Airport to Seville. It is an easy drive and if there is more than one person it may not be too expensive per head.

peregrina2000

Staff member
Donating Member
Hi, Keith,
I have taken the day bus from Lisbon to Sevilla when I walked the Vdlp years ago, and it was an all day drudgery. With a long stop in a highway cafeteria. I think TAP flies there now, and that would be my first choice. It is also not a bad drive, but having a car in Sevilla is a liability.

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 24 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 85 15.8%
  • May

Votes: 142 26.3%
  • June