• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Transportation from Moissac to Toulouse

urbanhiker

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2012)
Le Puy to Moissac (2013)
Camino Portugues (Sept 2014)
Camino del Norte/Irun to Luarca (April 2015)
Camino Inglés/Camino Finisterra/Muxia (Oct 2015)
Moissac to St. Jean (2016)
Hi, I will be doing three weeks of Le Puy in September. On Oct 4th I will be returning from Moissac to Toulouse on that morning for a flight at 6:25am to Paris.
Does anyone know how much a taxi would cost for this trip. Also if someone could recommend another form of transportation, that would helpful too. It is very early in the morning but was the only thing available to insure catching my flight back to the U.S.

Thanks,
Ray

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Ray, does your flight leave 6.25am that same morning? You can get trains to Toulouse from Moissac- going via Agen- but I think you would have to go the afternoon before. If you contact Rom at the gîte Ultreia Moissac (right across the road from the railway station) he could give you the exact train timings. http://www.ultreiamoissac.com/indexeng.html
Margaret

The distance from Moissac to the Toulouse airport is about 75 km. In May a taxi in France was just under 2E per kilometer, so the fare will be about 125-150E.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
If the taxi is gong to cost you that much, a train directly to Paris from Moissac makes sense too.

I will be arriving from my Camino to Moissac on the 3rd of Oct. and I will be leaving from Moissac to Toulouse early on the morning of Oct 4th to catch my flight in Toulouse to Paris. My flight in Paris is at 10:30am.

I imagine I would be leaving Moissac at around 4 in the morning to catch my flight from Toulouse at 6:25am. That doesn't leave me a lot of options I know, but thought someone might know of a shuttle, or perhaps I was hoping a taxi might be a bit cheaper.
Thanks,
Ray

Maybe an over night train from Moissac to Paris is an option to check out?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
For such an early departure, personally, I would spend the night preceding your flight in a hotel near the departure airport, especially since you will need to check in an hour before departure. It's going to be the "travel day from hell" already, under the best of circumstances - at least stack the deck in your favor.

Hi, I will be doing three weeks of Le Puy in September. On Oct 4th I will be returning from Moissac to Toulouse on that morning for a flight at 6:25am to Paris.
Does anyone know how much a taxi would cost for this trip. Also if someone could recommend another form of transportation, that would helpful too. It is very early in the morning but was the only thing available to insure catching my flight back to the U.S.

Thanks,
Ray
Hallo Ray,looking forward to hear about your 3 weeks Le Puy walk - can you send me an email to my adress:kogga@webmail.co.za - would love to hear about your walk - thanks - Johann Pretorius from South Africa

Johann,
I am blogging about my Le Puy Camino Experience at: ontolepuy.wordpress.com. I have already started it.

ray

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Looks like I will probably end up doing the overnight trip from Moissac to Paris. At the time, and the locations, I am traveling from and to, there seems not to be an inexpensive way to do this.

Thanks,
Ray

Glad you have got it sorted Ray. Moissac has just got a small train station, so trains are not as frequent as you might imagine.
I'd recommend contacting Rom and Aideen at Ultreia gite in Moissac. I am sure you could reach some arrangement where you were able to shower after your last day's walk, and also possibly have an evening meal, before you catch the train.
Buen Camino!
Margaret

Thanks Margaret,
I am actually walking with a buddy who will continue on to St Jean Pied de Port. He has a room in Moissac where i'll be able to get ready for my train trip back to Paris. The hotel is very close to the train station. Walking distance. Thank you for you help. I'm looking forward to the Camino.

Ray

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Glad to read that the over night train to Paris option will work for you.

Ray, I've just stumbled on this whilst looking for info on Mossiac transport links. I've read your blog, and am sure I know you. Do you have a wife called Patricia? If so, we met in the queue at the pilgrims office in SJPDP. I'm Nel, and walked in a skirt.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 82 years old. I have walked all but 250k of the Camino Frances alone, carrying my pack and staying in communal aubergues in 2017 and 18 and loving it! I am now on a mission to walk the final...
Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
Can someone please confirm that if you fly with Ryanair from SDC to Madrid, that you will arrive at the Madrid-Barajas International airport? Such a simple question, yet incredibly frustrating...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
Hi All, My girlfriend and I are planning to do the Camino Primitivo. I'll be honest here; I'm not entirely sure how far we'll get, but Caminoways says that the entire route can be done in 15...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back