A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Transportation from Santiago to Fisterra/Muxia

Camino(s) past & future
April-May 2018
Hey all, We’re getting close-about one month out. We will be starting from SJPP on April 6th. We fly out of Barcelona on May 15th. We may be quick, but don’t want to plan on it. If we would like to see Fisterra and or Muxia after Santiago, how much time is suggested/required for bus or taxi? Thanks!

Advertisment

Mark Barnes

Old Engineer
Camino(s) past & future
Frances - September - November (2017)
I took a tour that was a one day tour of both Muxia and Finisterre. It was offered by a tour company located in the old section of Santiago and cost around 30 euro or so. It lasted all day and you are on a nice new bus with around 30 people. They handed out fliers near the Cathederal.

Attachments

Camino(s) past & future
Santiago-Finisteree 2016; St Jean-Pamplona 2017
There is a good and cheap bus service which goes several times a day. Allow plus two hours to get there from main Santiago bus station. Lots of nice places to eat in Finisterre itself and it’s around 2mls further walk to the lighthouse. There is a taxi rank in centre of Finisterre which can shuttle you to lighthouse too if in a rush

mcopeland

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances - April-June, 2016
Portuguese Lisbon-Santiago - October, 2017
After taking the bus for Finisterre, we shared a taxi with another pilgrim for 5 euros a piece. It was worth it. After 2 months I was so done with walking. :rolleyes:

Advertisment

FLEUR

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2012 - 2016
For me the walk to the light house was almost a step too far but I'm glad I made and th sun set on the way back down was really worth seeing. I was possibly more impressed our afternoon walk to the deserted beach, not the beach by the port.

Anniesantiago

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Nearly every year since 2006, often walking more than one route. 2018 will be Camino #14.
If you walk around the side of the Hospederia San Martin Pinario (across from the Cathedral), you will find a taxi stand. There you can hire a taxi to pick you up at whatever time you want, drive you to Finisterra (maybe the lighthouse?) hang there a bit, then drive you to Muxia. Have lunch. Walk around. The taxi will wait. And then bring you back to Santiago. Price for a taxi, which can be split between 3-4 pilgrims is between €100-120. The same or less than a bus and you go on your own schedule. My pilgrims do this every year and love it.

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 24 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 84 15.8%
  • May

Votes: 141 26.5%
  • June