• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Transportation Madrid to St.Jean

Beacher

Time of past OR future Camino
Sept 8, 3016
I am arriving in Madrid from Toronto Sept 8 about 8am. Anyone else traveling to St.Jean via Pamploma that day? Bus or train to Pamploma, then perhaps share a ride to St.Jean.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi beacher. You could try by bus. In the same webpage www.alsa.es you can buy tickets from Madrid to Pamplona and from Pamplona to SJPP. Quite expensive this last trip (around 22 eur) but more suitable.
There are some services to Pamplona from Madrid airport.
Hope you a nice Camino.

PLM autocares or ALSA from Madrid Intercambiador de Avenida de America to Pamplona bus station. ALSA buses require transfer at Soria or Zaragosa. Some buses make a stop enroute at Madrid Airport T4. EMT Madrid #200 from Airport to Avenida de America.

Renfe train from Madrid Puerta de Atocha to Pamplona. Some trains require transfer at Zaragosa. Walk or take local bus from Renfe station to Pamplona bus station. EMT Madrid #203 Aeropuerto Express from Airport to Puerta de Atocha.

CONDA (ALSA) bus from Pamplona bus station to SJPdP.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
PLM autocares or ALSA from Madrid Intercambiador de Avenida de America to Pamplona bus station. ALSA buses require transfer at Soria or Zaragosa. Some buses make a stop enroute at Madrid Airport T4. EMT Madrid #200 from Airport to Avenida de America.

Renfe train from Madrid Puerta de Atocha to Pamplona. Some trains require transfer at Zaragosa. Walk or take local bus from Renfe station to Pamplona bus station. EMT Madrid #203 Aeropuerto Express from Airport to Puerta de Atocha.

Do you need to book bus or train tickets in advance? I would rather not if possible due to potential late flight.

Thx. From the schedule, it looks like the Madrid to Pamploma bus arrives about 30 minutes after the Pamploma bus departs for St.Jean......need to the. Wait 3 hours for next bus, so very late getting into St.Jean. Same with train schedule from Madrid. Car sharing or taxi to St.Jean?

Do you need to book bus or train tickets in advance? I would rather not if possible due to potential late flight.

No you don't need to book in advance. Risk is bus or train might be full. There might be a line up at the ticket wicket that makes it not possible to catch bus or train. There is enough frequency of service to make it no issue.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thx. From the schedule, it looks like the Madrid to Pamploma bus arrives about 30 minutes after the Pamploma bus departs for St.Jean......need to the. Wait 3 hours for next bus, so very late getting into St.Jean. Same with train schedule from Madrid. Car sharing or taxi to St.Jean?

Wait 3 hours or cost more than 100 euro taxi. Your call.

Besides which ... 1500 arrival for 1730 bus is not a 3 hour wait.

We took the bus from the Madrid airport then a car service to SJPdP (in 2014). We did have to change buses, somewhere so be careful. There were 3 of us so the car service wasn't cost prohibitive. We also spent the night in Pamplona before heading to SJPdP - something you might consider.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
We took the bus from the Madrid airport then a car service to SJPdP (in 2014). We did have to change buses, somewhere so be careful. There were 3 of us so the car service wasn't cost prohibitive. We also spent the night in Pamplona before heading to SJPdP - something you might consider.
Thx. Was considering this option re Pamploma but we have booked the 9th, the first night after St.Jean, in Orrison, so we would need to change this, if possible. There are 3 of us, so perhaps we see how this unfolds and choose the best option once we are there.

Most read last week in this forum

I am flying into Madrid and will arrive early morning. My thought is to go directly to Toledo and stay two nights there in a hotel or hostel so that I will have the ability to sleep during the...
Hello, it's been about 7 years since my last Camino, and this will be the first time I have had to book trains within Spain. There seems to be a few different train booking sites. Booking from...
Hello everyone. My husband has been talking about walking this trail for over 35 years —- since he was 20 years old. But, life’s problems alway seem to get in the way, don’t they? He’s been...
Hi I was wondering if anyone was taking the Express Bouricott from Biarritz to SJPP on the afternoon of 27th May as I am looking to join a group booking if possible….many thanks 😊
Would I be able to bring a backpack (size 20 -25 L) into the cabin and hold on to it rather than being forced to put the backpack into the luggage compartment of the bus? I'm reading several...
Apologies for such a basic question, but can someone confirm the best way to get to Madrid airport from SDC by train. More specifically, can I book the entire route via Trainline? At first glance...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back