A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Transportation suggestions/questions

2020 Camino Guides
Camino(s) past & future
Hi I am planning on walking Geneva to Le Puy May 18-? (two weeks or more). Then wish to get over to Leon to walk the Salvador and Primitivo. I see there are so many options of getting to Leon by train, bus, plane, bla bla car. I am willing to stop along the way to make it more interesting and fun , rather then have a huge day of traveling. I have until June 30th to get home so there is no rush.

OzAnnie

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
'Portuguese,Frances,Norte,Salvador/primitivo,Le puy, Inglés, CDM, Invierno, Fin/Mux, VDLP spring19
Hi I am planning on walking Geneva to Le Puy May 18-? (two weeks or more). Then wish to get over to Leon to walk the Salvador and Primitivo. I see there are so many options of getting to Leon by train, bus, plane, bla bla car. I am willing to stop along the way to make it more interesting and fun , rather then have a huge day of traveling. I have until June 30th to get home so there is no rush.
I’d suggest when you arrive in Le Puy to enjoy looking about there (I stayed 2 nights )..you can then arrange the train to take you to Lyon nearby in France. No prebooking required.
I stayed in Lyon only one night before walking Le Puy Route - but I feel I missed a lot. It’s a ‘beautiful’ city and worth visiting for at least a couple of days.

Then fly from Lyon to Oviedo. (I think you’ll be taken via Barcelona but it’s a ticketed flight to Oviedo. ).

Or if you still have plenty of time ; you could fly to Léon in spain Then walk the Salvador (Léon to Oviedo). 5 or 6 days. / beautiful mountain walk. Then depending on time - take 2 days in Oviedo to look around.
Primitivo is great but as I haven’t walked Geneva to LePuy I don’t know how it will compare

Happy planning
Bon chemin /buen camino
Annie

Kitsambler

Jakobsweg Junkie
Camino(s) past & future
Le Puy 2010-11, Prague 2012, Nuremberg 2013, Einsiedeln 2015, Geneva 2017-19
Hi I am planning on walking Geneva to Le Puy May 18-? (two weeks or more). Then wish to get over to Leon.
The shortest itinerary would probably involve taking train Le Puy - Lyon, then air from Lyon to Madrid or Leon. Most rail connections in France go through Paris. Rome2Rio shows an interesting route by way of train through Barcelona and Madrid.

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 9 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 49 4.1%
  • April

Votes: 178 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 291 24.6%
  • June

Votes: 85 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 23 1.9%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.3%
  • September

Votes: 337 28.5%
  • October

Votes: 146 12.3%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.4%
  • December

Votes: 6 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock