• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Transporting bags ahead from SJPP to Orisson to Roncesvalles

caminopeep

Time of past OR future Camino
I plan to do my first Camino this year
Hi all,

I am planning for my upcoming Camino trip and was hoping you might be able to help Lon with some questions I have as I can’t find exact answers online.

The person I’m traveling with has a bad shoulder (surgery etc) and although it doesn’t impact their ability to hike the Camino, it does prevent them from being able to carry their bag along the way.

We are starting out in St Jean Pied de Port - have not booked accommodation yet but thinking of a hotel or air bnb so most likely won’t spend the first night in a hostel. Is there a service that we can sending our bags from there to Orisson? I’ve only found services that bring bags to Roncesvalles but we plan to stay at Orisson instead. Also where would we access this service since we won’t be staying in a hostel that first night? Finally, how much should we expect to pay to send bags ahead?

Thanks so much!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hello,
Check out https://www.jacotrans.es/en/ . There are other companies that provide luggage transport services as well. I think the usual cost is 5 Euros per bag; most places along the Camino have a tag that you simply place on your bag and it is picked up and delivered to whatever location you have indicated.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The office for Express Bourricot is right next door to the Camino office in SJPP. It is only open in the morning and afternoon. You can pay for shipping there.

Buen Camino

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
A selection of Camino Jewellery
THIS IS WHAT IS CURRENTLY STATED ON OUR RESERVATION WITH ORISSON FOR THIS YEAR!
Wow, was that a yell? Perhaps you might brush up on your internet etiquette a bit, or if intended, remember this is a venue for exchanging information and experience. I am correcting you from my experience, not my interpretation of a note..

In case you are interested I think Caminofacil use the services of Bourricot for those legs and then transport for themselves for the rest of the Camino, but you can book with Caminofacil for the entire duration rather than changing to another provider. The leg to Orisson cost me €6.

Hi Big Coal
Thank you for your correction regarding capital letters :)! ! I will be more mindful of the keyboard....
I was trying to get the readers attention regarding
Orisson’s policy...and that they will o n l y accept baggage from Express Bouricott. No offense was meant.:)

Thank you for your clarification... I have used Caminofacil and they are a good service. However, Once in Spain, Changing to Correos is more economy especially walking less 20kmor less a day. It will cost abt 4euros or less depending on how many days you use the service.

Last edited:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi Big Coal
Thank you for your correction regarding capital letters :)! ! I will be more mindful of the keyboard....
I was trying to get the readers attention regarding
Orisson’s policy...and that they will o n l y accept baggage from Express Bouricott. No offense was meant.:)

Thank you for your clarification... I have used Caminofacil and they are a good service. However, Once in Spain, Changing to Correos is more economy especially walking less 20kmor less a day. It will cost abt 4euros or less depending on how many days you use the service.
All good @Marbe2. I had not compared priced against Caminofacil but that is worth noting. I just did a 10km leg and it still cost €6 so perhaps I might have a look at Correos. Cheers.

All good @Marbe2. I had not compared priced against Caminofacil but that is worth noting. I just did a 10km leg and it still cost €6 so perhaps I might have a look at Correos. Cheers.

You can book a segment with Correos...such as Burgos to leon or Pamplona to SdC and pay a flat rate. You can tell them the stops at a later date, but at least the night before the service. If you are making some shorter segments you will pay a lot less using there service.

Correos does not start service until April for most of the CF....however from OCebriero to SdC there is service all year round.

Caminofacil started service March 15th.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hi all,

I am planning for my upcoming Camino trip and was hoping you might be able to help Lon with some questions I have as I can’t find exact answers online.

The person I’m traveling with has a bad shoulder (surgery etc) and although it doesn’t impact their ability to hike the Camino, it does prevent them from being able to carry their bag along the way.

We are starting out in St Jean Pied de Port - have not booked accommodation yet but thinking of a hotel or air bnb so most likely won’t spend the first night in a hostel. Is there a service that we can sending our bags from there to Orisson? I’ve only found services that bring bags to Roncesvalles but we plan to stay at Orisson instead. Also where would we access this service since we won’t be staying in a hostel that first night? Finally, how much should we expect to pay to send bags ahead?

Thanks so much!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Once you get to Roncesvalles, you should consider the prepaid package for daily transport all the way to Santiago. The 32 stages cost a total of 120 Euros! (3.75 / stage) using CORREOS.
email: paqmochila@correos.com. or
tel: 0034 683 44 00 22. (also whatsapp)
Last year I just carried everything (too much) in my Osprey 46 Liter backpack, which I loved! BUT, this year I'm bringing my 4 pound CPAP breathing machine, so I'm bringing a small, light weight, 2nd back pack into which I'll put the machine, power cord, transformer, extension cord, and maybe a few items such as under pants, t- shirts, shorts, long pants, toiletries up to about 7 pounds. And ship this daily. This allows the Osprey weight to be a very comfortable 12 to 13 pounds including water bladder with a quart of water (a pint's a pound the world around).
Last year I ended up after about a week, calling ahead everyday to reserve a private room so my sleep apnea very loud (annoying) snorring would not keep all my fellow pilgrims up all night. A couple of very nice pilgrims were nice enough to let me know just how loud I was- even ear plugs didn't help!
So instead of 5 to 15 Euros for alberques, I was paying 20 to 40 Euros per night.
This year, should be quite a bit less, staying at the municipal and cheaper alberques averaging under 10 Euros , even after adding the 120 Euros for CORREOS transport.
Each morning you tag your bag with delivery location (name of albergue/hotel), and just leave it with all the other backpacks in the lobby for pick up.
As mentioned, you have to name an albergue in the town you want to sleep in,....BUT... you can either stay there if they have beds, or pick up pack and go to another, (keeping the "seat of the pants" experience alive).
Oh, BTW, I thought about buying a 1 pound "travel" model of the CPAP machine - but they want $850!!
Somehow paying 120 EUROS, taking my tried and true home use machine, and even shedding a few pounds from backpack, seems like a great deal!
AND, by reading this post, I now have a solution to my question about transport from St. Jean to Roncesvalles- will be using CaminoFacil, since CORREOS is only in Spain as far as I can tell. Thanks guys - I'll be the guy with big smile walking up the hill to Orisson on August 28.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
this year I'm bringing my 4 pound CPAP breathing machine, so I'm bringing a small, light weight, 2nd back pack into which I'll put the machine, power cord, transformer, extension cord, and maybe a few items such as under pants, t- shirts, shorts, long pants, toiletries up to about 7 pounds. And ship this daily.
You are a brave man Mike. I'd carry the CPAP stuff and ship more clothes. Risk avoidance.

This year, should be quite a bit less, staying at the municipal and cheaper alberques averaging under 10 Euros , even after adding the 120 Euros for CORREOS transport.
Just to make you aware before your departure: municipales don't accept backpacks from Correos, Jacotrans, CaminoFacil etc., so the services can't leave your backpack there.

Better check with Correos beforehand, if you're staying in a municipal, where they will be leaving your backpack.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hi Caminantes, My wife and I are leaving for Madrid from Brisbane - AU on May 4th to walk the Frances. We are flying with Qatar. I am a bit worried that if I check in my backpacks, they have a...
Hi all, Im walking my first Camino in April (CF) and was wondering if it would be likely for me to encounter leeches? I know for most people leeches are not a big deal but they are in plague...
In past years, when we walked from Samos to Sarria, there was simply a yellow arrow that went off to the right of the highway, up a hill, past a pig farm then a sharp left turn at a small church...
Are you also interested to know the reasons why other fellow pilgrims choose to walk El Camino? Please participate in the poll!
Several local websites have reported a small earthquake this afternoon with an epicentre in the Sarria area. Apparently felt quite strongly locally but with little likelihood of property damage...
Hello!! I am a retired Spanish gentleman living in Madrid. My name is Jose and I would like to do the Camino de Santiago again!!! But this time I would like to walk and improve my English Level...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back