• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Travel assistance in Santiago

SFGfan

Time of past OR future Camino
‘13,‘15,’18 SJP~Santiago
‘23 Porto~Santiago
Hello Pilgrims

16 More Days Till My Wife And I Depart :D :D

Are there travel company's in Santiago that will assist us in our return to Madrid.
Planes, trains or bus options I've read are abundant.
We are hesitant to book anything ahead of time, due to not having an arrival date for Santiago set. First time pilgrims here, so our pace and excitement will likely play a factor in regards to our arrival into Santiago.
I've read about the Camino Travel Center on this forum, but also read that Ivar left in 2010. So some uncertainty lies in that regard.

Very soon our dream will be becoming a reality!!!!

Buen Camino

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I did not have anything booked out of Santiago until my actual arrival in Santiago itself, at which time I booked a flight to Barcelona (I think it was about 60Euros). It is very easy and not too pricey at all to make last minute arrangements. Once you get within your final few days on the Camino, and know when you'll be arriving in Santiago, I'd say just hop on the internet somewhere and look at flights options. If you'd rather take a train, I'd recommend the RENFE website, which you can either book once you arrive in Santiago or a few days ahead, whatever you prefer. During some free time in Santiago, I strolled over to the train station and just bought my tickets at a machine for a next day trip to A Coruña.
Of course, I guess to answer your original thought...I don't know any travel assistance places :roll: Oops. But it's very easy if you want to do it yourself!
Have a fantastic journey, buen camino.

P.S. Do you live in SF? I live in Santa Rosa...

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
vagando2011 said:
I did not have anything booked out of Santiago until my actual arrival in Santiago itself, at which time I booked a flight to Barcelona (I think it was about 60Euros). It is very easy and not too pricey at all to make last minute arrangements. Once you get within your final few days on the Camino, and know when you'll be arriving in Santiago, I'd say just hop on the internet somewhere and look at flights options. If you'd rather take a train, I'd recommend the RENFE website, which you can either book once you arrive in Santiago or a few days ahead, whatever you prefer. During some free time in Santiago, I strolled over to the train station and just bought my tickets at a machine for a next day trip to A Coruña.
Of course, I guess to answer your original thought...I don't know any travel assistance places :roll: Oops. But it's very easy if you want to do it yourself!
Have a fantastic journey, buen camino.

P.S. Do you live in SF? I live in Santa Rosa...

Thanks for your insight....I am now residing in upstate NY, lived in the Bay Area(east bay) for along time, 20 plus years

Hola

If you go to the Tourist Office at number 62 Rua do Vilar (the same street as the Pilgrims' Office) they will show you the travel options you have. Buying bus and train tickets is easy if you are prepared to do it yourself. If you wish assistance there is a travel agency close by which the staff of the tourist office will direct you to.

Buen viaje

John

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back