Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Travel Companion? Primitivo Early June 2016

mspruell

Time of past OR future Camino
None
My friend who was to complete the Camino Primitivo with me has had to back out. Will anyone else be beginning the Primitivo around the first few days of June?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
i will most likly be there 3rd week of june. enjoy the walk it terrific.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
My friend who was to complete the Camino Primitivo with me has had to back out. Will anyone else be beginning the Primitivo around the first few days of June?

Hello, I am walking Primitivo from 27th of May-4th of June, and looking for accompanion through Asturias. .

Assuming we get over the Salvador on time and our legs are holding up, my companion and I will be walking the Primitivo out of Oviedo the last couple of days of May and first couple of weeks of June. It looks like there will be a few of us out there at the same time. I have read this is a popular route so expect that there will be others around if you are concerned about being alone.

Assuming we get over the Salvador on time and our legs are holding up, my companion and I will be walking the Primitivo out of Oviedo the last couple of days of May and first couple of weeks of June. It looks like there will be a few of us out there at the same time. I have read this is a popular route so expect that there will be others around if you are concerned about being alone.

I am kind of guessing there will be other people around but hiking through the mountains does not seem to be as popular as other routes. My only issue would be walking the 30km sections through Hospitales route on my own in case of a sudden fog / rain .. I have read that in the last case, there is a way of taking a taxi at some point where the path crosses with a road so should be fine

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
If you stay in the albergues you may find people to walk the Hospitales with. Including us if we happen to be there at the same time. Yes I saw that reference to the road as well. Good to know if we should need it. Buen camino. Maybe see you out there.

I am kind of guessing there will be other people around but hiking through the mountains does not seem to be as popular as other routes. My only issue would be walking the 30km sections through Hospitales route on my own in case of a sudden fog / rain .. I have read that in the last case, there is a way of taking a taxi at some point where the path crosses with a road so should be fine

The last time I walked through the Puerto de Palo, which is the high point where the Hospitales route merges with the route from Pola de Allande, there was a van selling food and a large sticker pasted to the back of the sign announcing the elevation. The sticker had name and number of a taxi service that would be very happy to come pick you up.

You will have no trouble joining with others starting out from Campiello or Borres so as not to walk alone on Hospitales. The Primitivo is very popular these days!

I'll be in Oviedo around the 6th of June (from the Norte). I'm a slow walker, though, so I wouldn't want to hold anyone back.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I’m starting on the 6th from Oviedo. Gonna be amazing🌞

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back