A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

2019 Camino Guides

Travel from a Coruña to Ferrol

Bmathison

Camino(s) past & future
Ingles (2018)
Does anyone know where the bus station is to catch the direct bus from a Coruña to Ferrol via the Arriva bus line? I’m know they go directly but am having trouble finding the station. Thanks!

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Inglés (from Ferrol June 2014)
Camino Portuguese (from Tui May 2015)
Pro tip: some of the best churros con chocolate in Galicia are found just 450 meters from the A Coruña bus station. El Timón and Bonilla a La Vista sit directly across the street from each other at Rúa Ramón y Cajal 18 and 35, respectively. Worth a stop by to visit one (or both!) if you have time!

Bradypus

Antediluvian
Camino(s) past & future
Too many and too often!
The bus station is on the opposite (east) side of the very large multi-lane road close to the train station - about a 300m walk.
acoruna.jpg

SabineP

Camino = Empathy + Compassion.
Camino(s) past & future
some and then more. see my signature.
Pro tip: some of the best churros con chocolate in Galicia are found just 450 meters from the A Coruña bus station. El Timón and Bonilla a La Vista sit directly across the street from each other at Rúa Ramón y Cajal 18 and 35, respectively. Worth a stop by to visit one (or both!) if you have time!
Although Churreria Amy in Betanzos is a very good runner up...just saying...:)

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Inglés (from Ferrol June 2014)
Camino Portuguese (from Tui May 2015)
Although Churreria Amy in Betanzos is a very good runner up...just saying...:)
You bring up a very good point, @SabineP . Before I go making grand statements about the "best in Galicia", I really should try ALL of churros con chocolate in Galicia!! LOL!! I'm up for the task! But seriously, I've heard wonderful things about Churreria Amy and it's featured on my map of Churros con Chocolate - soon to be a blog post!

SabineP

Camino = Empathy + Compassion.
Camino(s) past & future
some and then more. see my signature.
You bring up a very good point, @SabineP . Before I go making grand statements about the "best in Galicia", I really should try ALL of churros con chocolate in Galicia!! LOL!! I'm up for the task! But seriously, I've heard wonderful things about Churreria Amy and it's featured on my map of Churros con Chocolate - soon to be a blog post!
I will join this very important task force...

hel&scott

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2004 St Jean - Santiago, 2008 &18 Seville - Finesterre, 2010 Ferrol - Lisbon, 2012 from Cartehenga.
My experience of buses in A Coruna was a bad one, as the driver slammed the door in our face and left a group of us in the pouring rain! Better luck with the churros, some memorial ones in Padron and on the way out of Salamanca... But I guess any churreria open on the way is likely to be appreciated, best walking food.

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 9 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 34 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 112 14.7%
  • May

Votes: 187 24.6%