• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Travel from Alcala del Júcar to Alicante

HeidiL

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Francés2004, Portugués,Madrid,Plata, hospi Grado
We have to go home after today’s walk. Can anyone with a better internet connection or local knowledge suggests a way to get from A to B on Saturday?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Looking at Rome to Rio it seems you need to get to Casas-Ibañez (14km) where there are five buses per week to Albacete. Saturday's bus is at 17:00 and takes 45 minutes and costs 4.28 euros. From Albacete there are regular trains to Alicante, see timetable and prices below. Hope it works for you Buen Camino 78D39C6D-E273-4BA9-8F0D-2659F37D4CF4.png0DF7086D-7C95-413F-84CD-726F969E1146.png

I caught the bus from Casas Ibanez to Albacete in March, the bus stops about 30 metres to your right as the Camino crosses the main Centro road, there is a timetable there telling you when busses are. I am not sure if tomorrow is a holiday but it's worth checking it out, there may be some form of parade on that main road limiting access to vehicles, these parades will be going on all across Spain . Another option( I think) is to catch the bus going the other way to Valencia, there is trains regularly between Valencia and Alicante.

Buen Camino

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thank you! The receptionist at our hotel in Alcala de Júcar found a bus from Casas Ibañez from another company at 9.30 tomorrow, so we’ll get an early taxi there and have plenty of time in Albacete.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.