• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Travel from Finisterre to Santiago on a Sunday?

NCfishboy

So as it stands right now I will be flying out of santiago early on a monday 7:55 am I think. One of the options I am thinking about depending on how I feel and if time allows is to try to make it to Finisterre as it would be great to see the other side of the atlantic (as I see this side every day). But it would mean that I would probably be in Finisterre on a Sunday and have to find my way back to Santiago either Sunday afternoon or evening or very eary Monday. Any thoughts? Also if I end my trip in Santiago are there places to stay near the airport or is a taxi easy to catch to get to the airport early?

Thanks again.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
There is very little near the airport. The set fare from Santiago to the airport is 20E. Your concierge/hospitalero can make arrangements at virtually any hour.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
There are no accommodations at the airport, however there are two reasonably priced hotels 2 km away.

These are Ruta Jacobea ,about 60 euro/night (http://www.rjacobea.com/), and Hotel Garcas, about 30 euro/night (http://www.garcashotel.com/) in Lavacolla. Both are along the route of the airport bus that leaves from central Santiago and the main bus depot.

If you want to treat yourself, Ruta Jacobea has a very nice restaurant. It is also the nicer of the hotels. As accommodations go Hotel Garcas is certainly adequate as well. They are on opposite sides of the street, very close to one and other.

There is even a third option, a further 1 km from the airport in Lavacolla. It is called Pazo Xan Xordo (http://www.pazoxanxordo.com/). It gets high ratings, looks very reasonably priced and like it would be a great place to unwind the afternoon/evening prior to flight.

Rather than having to deal with an early wake up and a walk and wait for a Santiago bus or taxi on the morning of the flight, it is much easier to spend the prior night at one of these. To reach the hotel on the evening prior to your flight you can take the regular airport bus out of central Santiago, or if returning from Finisterre, directly out of the main bus terminal. When boarding the bus ask the driver to drop you at whichever hotel you are staying. They will be happy to do so.

In the morning you have an option of walking the 20 – 30 minutes to the airport (it’s an easy straight away walk along the same road as the hotel), waiting for the airport bus to pass by the hotel and flagging down the driver, or taking a taxi the 2 km to the airport.

Buen Camino!

Totally agree with markss about Ruta Jacobea. It is a lovely place to stay, as a treat .We stayed there before our flight home.
We decided to walk to the airport the next morning, but as they've moved departures, it proved impossible to get to, and we got picked up by security on the ring road!! Perhaps we went the wrong way, and you can walk it... The security guard was really nice to us, luckily, but it was a somewhat embarrassing way to get to departures. Think well stick to the bus in future :D

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all We are walking the reverse Camino from Muxia to Santiago via Fisterra. Any tips or information to help us on our way?
Hi all, At this stage looks like we are going to finish in SdC on Friday, our flight home is only Monday night. The weather forecast doesnt look to be promising - showers over the whole weekend...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back