• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Travel from Lyons to Le Puy

Wardmaryt

Time of past OR future Camino
Plan to walk in. 2015
Hi guys

Together with my 2 sisters, I will be walking from Le Puy for the last 2 weeks of September. I think we will probably make it as far as Conques in that time.

We are coming from the UK. Is Lyons the best place to fly to? And what is the best way to get back from Conques?

Thanks. :)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Mary,In my opinion Lyon is the best option for travelling on to Le Puy.There are good train connections from Lyon.If you check the web site Rome2Rio.com you will find most of the travel options with links to train ,bus and car sharing.There are several airports for your return journey, Toulouse,Lyon and I think Ryanair fly from Rodez.La Malle Postale can take you back to
Le Puy then train to Lyon ,if that is your choice.They can take you to Rodez where you can either take the plane or catch a train to Toulouse.La Malle Postale .com is the web site.Conques is a little village and they have a school bus ,doesn' t cost a lot ,is open to all and will take you to Toulouse.The excellent tourist office in Conques will give you all the information you need.
Bon Chemin .

It looks like Ryanair is not an option.Taxi also an option to Rodez to take the train to Toulouse or taxi to Decazeville which is about 16 kms from Conques and where there are frequent trains to Toulouse.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I am sure that this is a long shot, but in the light of the disruptions of the rail service I am considering taking a taxi from Lyon to Le Puy. My travel agent tells me that the cost would be about $420 Canadian. I am arriving at Le Puy airport at 12:30 on June 15. Anybody arriving the same day who would consider sharing a taxi with me?

@Roamer35 Have you looked into renting a car (one way)? That might be cheaper, but read the fine print regarding "foreign" driving licenses. Bon Chemin, SY

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Much depends on the availability of the rail service. If I could be sure of taking the train the next day I would. I'm a bit pressed for time and have to start walking on June 17.

And...who knows? The rail problems might be over by then. Another option is renting a car for about $200CDN. It can be picked up in Lyon and dropped off in Le Puy.

@Roamer35 Have you looked into renting a car (one way)? That might be cheaper, but read the fine print regarding "foreign" driving licenses. Bon Chemin, SY
Yes, I have and am considering it. All if this is very iffy, depending on how the rail problems pan out.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

I am fine tuning my packing and I pre package my vitamins/supplements to take daily, which I have done for about 15 years. Do you all take them with you, or leave them home? 36 days of vitamins...
Dear fellow pilgrims! :) I hope to walk from Le Puy to Santiago later this year. I was thinking about starting at some point in august so that I manage to reach Santiago before it gets too cold...
Hey! Thinking about walking Le Puy this year. I am a solo female traveller. On my previous Camino (Spain) I stayed in municipal albergues, but this time I would like to try something...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back