A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino Forum Donation

Travel from Pamplona?

Camino(s) past & future
Frances, Via de La Plata, Portuguese, Camino Ingles, Fisterra, Muxia, Catalan and Aragones, Norte
Just wondering, how does one get from Pamplona to the start of the Camino Ignaciano in Loyola? I will be walking or taking public transportation. Looking on-line it would appear that there is only one train trip daily (in the evenings) which also requires a transfer onto a bus. The bus routes I have found so far seem rather convoluted and involve transfers.

Camino(s) past & future
Frances, Via de La Plata, Portuguese, Camino Ingles, Fisterra, Muxia, Catalan and Aragones, Norte
Thanks for your reply, Derek. Yes, I had seen this information on-line. I wondered if anyone had any other possible solutions.

Camino(s) past & future
Pamplona to Santiago (2013)
Le Puy to Pamplona in segments (2013 - 2016)
Pamplona to León
I have had an excellent result when I emailed the bureau of tourism in Pamplona about bus service from Irun to Pamplona. Might be worth a try.

Tom

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
Just wondering, how does one get from Pamplona to the start of the Camino Ignaciano in Loyola? I will be walking or taking public transportation. Looking on-line it would appear that there is only one train trip daily (in the evenings) which also requires a transfer onto a bus. The bus routes I have found so far seem rather convoluted and involve transfers.
Hola, Linda,

Maybe give a thought of getting there from the north side, from San Sebastian for example???

Happy planning!

Camino(s) past & future
'Portuguese,Frances,Norte,Salvador/primitivo,Le puy, Inglés, CDM, Invierno, Fin/Mux, VDLP spring19
Hi @lindam
I really haven’t got a better solution from Pamplona but thought I’d ask why you’re asking about ‘from Pamplona ‘. How are you getting to Pamplona.
I see on Rome2rio that if you catch an alsa bus from either Biarritz or San Sebastián the distance of travel is a lot shorter .. if your travel arrangements to Spain /France could accommodate a different starting point - transferring may not be as long.
Just my 2cents worth.

Buen Camino
Annie

Camino(s) past & future
Hello Annie,
We are planning to walk to Pamplona from our home in Barcelona along the Aragonese/Catalan Camino where we will then make our way to Loyola in order to return to Barcelona on the Ignatian route. We are trying to sort out logistical issues ahead of time as it is our first time following this itinerary. Unfortunately, going to San Sebastian makes things more complicated (we had considered that as an option as well).

Camino(s) past & future
Chemin de Le Puy, Camino Frances,Chemin d'Arles, Camino Aragones,Camino Portuguese
Hi from New Zealand.
No help with your planning, but great to see you two are planning another camino. Fond memories of our time on the Aragones. Merry Christmas and best wishes for your next adventure.

Camino(s) past & future
Thanks so much, Bev. What a surprise to hear from you! No doubt you enjoyed your time in Portugal after we parted ways. Yes, we too enjoyed our time on the Aragones, so much so that we will be repeating part of it again in 2019. Happy holidays to you!

Book your lodging here

Booking.com

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 11 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 126 15.4%
  • May

Votes: 199 24.3%