• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Travel from Pamplona?

lindam

Time of past OR future Camino
Fr, VDLP, Invierno, Port, Madrid, Ingles, Aragones
Just wondering, how does one get from Pamplona to the start of the Camino Ignaciano in Loyola? I will be walking or taking public transportation. Looking on-line it would appear that there is only one train trip daily (in the evenings) which also requires a transfer onto a bus. The bus routes I have found so far seem rather convoluted and involve transfers.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thanks for your reply, Derek. Yes, I had seen this information on-line. I wondered if anyone had any other possible solutions.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I have had an excellent result when I emailed the bureau of tourism in Pamplona about bus service from Irun to Pamplona. Might be worth a try.

Tom

Just wondering, how does one get from Pamplona to the start of the Camino Ignaciano in Loyola? I will be walking or taking public transportation. Looking on-line it would appear that there is only one train trip daily (in the evenings) which also requires a transfer onto a bus. The bus routes I have found so far seem rather convoluted and involve transfers.
Hola, Linda,

Maybe give a thought of getting there from the north side, from San Sebastian for example???

Happy planning!

Hi @lindam
I really haven’t got a better solution from Pamplona but thought I’d ask why you’re asking about ‘from Pamplona ‘. How are you getting to Pamplona.
I see on Rome2rio that if you catch an alsa bus from either Biarritz or San Sebastián the distance of travel is a lot shorter .. if your travel arrangements to Spain /France could accommodate a different starting point - transferring may not be as long.
Just my 2cents worth.

Buen Camino
Annie

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hello Annie,
We are planning to walk to Pamplona from our home in Barcelona along the Aragonese/Catalan Camino where we will then make our way to Loyola in order to return to Barcelona on the Ignatian route. We are trying to sort out logistical issues ahead of time as it is our first time following this itinerary. Unfortunately, going to San Sebastian makes things more complicated (we had considered that as an option as well).

Hi from New Zealand.
No help with your planning, but great to see you two are planning another camino. Fond memories of our time on the Aragones. Merry Christmas and best wishes for your next adventure.

Thanks so much, Bev. What a surprise to hear from you! No doubt you enjoyed your time in Portugal after we parted ways. Yes, we too enjoyed our time on the Aragones, so much so that we will be repeating part of it again in 2019. Happy holidays to you!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back