• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Travel from Santiago Airport to Sarria

Gigikd

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances, April 2022
My friend and I are arriving at SCQ at 23:10 on April 25th.
Our first choice would be to get to Sarria straight from the airport. We are fine with taking a taxi, but unsure there will be any of them that late at night. Is it worth risking making reservations on Sarria, or not?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Gigikd,
You might search on line the price of a prebooked taxi for Sarria and a prebooked hotel in Sarria.
After such a journey you might be too tired to walk easily out of Sarria in the morning.

Happy planning and Buen camino

My friend and I are arriving at SCQ at 23:10 on April 25th.
Our first choice would be to get to Sarria straight from the airport. We are fine with taking a taxi, but unsure there will be any of them that late at night. Is it worth risking making reservations on Sarria, or not?
September 2020 three of us took a taxi from Santiago Airport to Sarria.The taxi was pre-booked using booking.com.At 12 noon we were picked up at the airport and the taxi fare was 118 euro for a distance of 118 Kms.We had pre-booked the Hotel Roma at 2 Rua Calvin Sotelo which was excellent.It is right beside Sarria railway station.This could be an option for you but best to check if the hotel facilitates arrivals in the early hours of the morning.
Alternatively it might be better to stay overnight in Santiago and take a taxi early in the morning.Whichever you decide to do I hope you have a great Camino.
Buen Camino

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The bus from Santiago to Sarria stops in Lugo. You can get a compostela by walking from Lugo also. You will connect to the Francés but you will avoid its crowds for a couple of days.

Alternatively you can stay in Santiago the first night then get a Monbus to Sarria. I think it leaves around 11am and will take around 2 hours, so you can start walking the same day after getting a stamp from a cafe etc. if you are a reasonable walker then Pontemarin may be possible. Cost of bus will be around 10 Euros each

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I am not related in any way to either of these recommendations. Just a satisfied customer.
We utilized this taxi service and booked online.
Taxi Travel SCQ.
Jose was awaiting us with a sign, in the airport building just outside of the exit control area when we arrived.
His vehicle was a very clean van parked just outside the airport arrivals door and he spoke multiple languages, including English, and had us in Sarria quickly and safely. If you go at night, you will miss the scenery, but in about the same time it will take you to get into Santiago and get checked in, you will be in Sarria.
taxitravelSCQ.com
Jose Manuel Caneda Mareque 34-659262288

For hotel in Sarria we stayed at Hotel Novoa. Very clean with a restaurant that served breakfast.
Manuel is the father, Juan is the son and Juan speaks English if that helps. Very clean, comfortable and quiet.
Be aware that Hotel Novoa is on top of a hill in the old town area, above the church and painted wall, and the grocery is at the bottom of the hill.
Buen Camino.

Oh my, thank you all so much!

Now we have booked with Jose Manuel Caneda Mareque to take us to Sarria. A huge thank you to BigT!

We will have been traveling on various planes for something like 20+ hours. My friend will get her wish, to see Santiago de Compostela for the first time at the end of our walk. For me, after being couped up on planes, I'm definitely going to need to get moving asap. If I don't get a good nights rest that night, I'll sleep all the better the next night.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 82 years old. I have walked all but 250k of the Camino Frances alone, carrying my pack and staying in communal aubergues in 2017 and 18 and loving it! I am now on a mission to walk the final...
Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
Hi All, My girlfriend and I are planning to do the Camino Primitivo. I'll be honest here; I'm not entirely sure how far we'll get, but Caminoways says that the entire route can be done in 15...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back