Search 69,459 Camino Questions

travel ideas from Asturias airport to Fonsagrada/Cadavo

JayTe

Hi

Really helpful forum - have learnt so much already! We're first timers on the camino, seeking to walk the primitivo from Fonsagrada area to Santiago - we only have a week! We're flying into Asturias airport from Stansted UK and want to get down to our starting point as quickly as we can. Does anyone have any suggestions on what bus companies we should contact? I think we might have to go into Oviedo, and out from there. We'd be really grateful for any thoughts or suggestions on any form of travel!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jayte

A selection of Camino Jewellery
My group of pilgrims experienced a memorable evening in A Fonsagrada! At the Fonte Sacre Hotel bar/restaurant we met the dignitaries of the town and were treated to warm Galician hospitality. I received a pin with the coat of arms of A Fonsagrada and wore it in my hat for the rest of the journey. Perhaps you can write to the concierge of this fine hotel and ask if they would recommend a means of transport?

http://www.fontesacra.es/

From Asturias Airport (is this code OVD)? The ALSA bus lines are immediately to the right of the exit. There are many departures for Oviedo (I believe hourly – but check) – and I imagine you can continue on through Asturias from the terminal. The site is available in English – and they may be able to recommend the continuance of the route to Galicia.

http://www.alsa.es/portal/site/Alsa?por ... cale=en_GB

Hope this is helpful.

Ultreya and Buen Viaje!
Kristine

Hi Jayte
I had a look on the Alsa website but cannot find a connection to Fonsagrada. We have just returned to the U.K. from the Oviedo / Tineo area and you can get an Alsa from Oviedo to Grandas de Salime. leaves I think at 3.00 p.m. This would mean an extra day's walking to A Fonsagrada. I see I have the distance down as 28 kilometers from Grandas to Fonsagrada (walked in 2009). There were a few very rough parts on the Camino round about Cadavo. They may have been improved since last year but you will need to ask for (and take!!!) local advice.
I see that it took me 8 days from Grandas to Santiago so this may not fit with your time scale. It may be worth thinking of starting at Lugo - plan on a day there to look round it is well worth the time!

blessings on your walking
Terry

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
JayTe said:
...We're flying into Asturias airport from Stansted UK and want to get down to our starting point as quickly as we can. Does anyone have any suggestions on what bus companies we should contact? ...

Jayte

Hi Jayte,

I'm afraid it's a bit late to answer you, but ...

Yhe Airport in Asturias is near to nowhere, but inside the triangle Gijon-Aviles-Oviedo, the most important cities in the region. So, in that case, you have to see which is the fastest connection from one of these cities to Lugo. From the airport is easy to go to all of them. And from there, just another bus to Fonsagrada.

Buen Camino,

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

Hi

Really helpful forum - have learnt so much already! We're first timers on the camino, seeking to walk the primitivo from Fonsagrada area to Santiago - we only have a week! We're flying into Asturias airport from Stansted UK and want to get down to our starting point as quickly as we can. Does anyone have any suggestions on what bus companies we should contact? I think we might have to go into Oviedo, and out from there. We'd be really grateful for any thoughts or suggestions on any form of travel!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jayte
I think you must do some own research. This will not only help you in finding a bus for your destination but also you can save money a lot from this.

Reagan library

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone recommend a good snack to buy for the hospitalès route Nothing major just something to keep me going Many thanks

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.