• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino Trip Insurance for Australian and New Zealand Travellers

Mr_Ross_Duncan

Via Gebennensis, Portuguese, Via Francigena, GR65,
Time of past OR future Camino
Via Gebennensis, Portuguese, Via Francigena, GR65,
We're well into our planning stages for a long-delayed return to life on the Camino.
Hoping to set out in late April from Le Puy, then make our way down along the Via Podiensis then cut across to the Del Norte and continue along the way until either our visa, our legs, our health, our interest or a combination of all four runs out and we call it quits.
This will be our fourth Camino, having already completed the Portuguese, Via Francigena and Via Gebennensis previously.
On each of those walks we insured our trip with WorldNomads, with varying degrees of success, this time, and much to our surprise, WorldNomads are not insuring travellers from Australia and New Zealand.
This may change by the time April rolls around, but if not, are there any suggestions, specifically from Aust/NZ travellers on who to go with. Covid coverage would be a must for us triple vaccinated seniors.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I am Australian and have my flights booked for late March for the Portuguese Camino. I went with Zoom travel insurance as I have used them before and found them very helpful. They had no problem suspending the policy I had bought for my aborted 2020 trip and reactivating it for this upcoming one. Cost an extra $30 dollars to update.

As far as covid goes, I don't think many insurers will insure for covid related claims, and those that do have tight restrictions. The Zoom site says this : It is important to note that our policies have a general exclusion against epidemics and pandemics. That means that we don’t cover claims that arise from, or relate to, an epidemic or pandemic, including COVID-19. How they define covid related is the question.

I suggest trying Southern Cross Travel Insurance. I used them for my last trip, the Via Francigena, in pre-Covid 2019. I didn't need to make a claim but they seem to be right on top of the Covid situation.

20220116_145557.jpg
For previous trips, I mostly used WorldCare. I did need to make a claim resulting from a tumble down a flight of steps...(okay, it was two steps & I misjudged the bottom one...🤕) which they settled in full, quickly & without fuss.

I chose SCTI for the VF purely because it was better value for a 4 month long trip.

Good luck. I'm sure there's a number of us who would be interested in what you find out & who you eventually went with.
👣 🌏

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I suggest trying Southern Cross Travel Insurance. I used them for my last trip, the Via Francigena, in pre-Covid 2019. I didn't need to make a claim but they seem to be right on top of the Covid situation.

View attachment 116591
For previous trips, I mostly used WorldCare. I did need to make a claim resulting from a tumble down a flight of steps...(okay, it was two steps & I misjudged the bottom one...🤕) which they settled in full, quickly & without fuss.

I chose SCTI for the VF purely because it was better value for a 4 month long trip.

Good luck. I'm sure there's a number of us who would be interested in what you find out & who you eventually went with.
👣 🌏
Thanks Kaz, great info.

RAC travel quoted me $1387 for two months from Perth. Unlimited medical /hospital for Covid. Also includes if you are tested positive before your flight and need to change dates. However that's nearly double Covermore International +.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I hope to mainly walk in Galicia which offers free insurance for pilgrims if you get covid.
Otherwise, for the remainder, I plan to activate my visa travel insurance which is free if you pay for your flights with your vis card.

The measure of any insurance company is in the way they handle and reimburse claims .
During the Icelandic volcano event Covermore Insurance provided support , accommodation , clothing allowances and incidental expenses for ten days for my family and I .
Our luggage was already on the plane when the travel bans were made . Paris could have been a nightmare , Covermore made sure it was an extra holiday .

I hope to mainly walk in Galicia which offers free insurance for pilgrims if you get covid.
Otherwise, for the remainder, I plan to activate my visa travel insurance which is free if you pay for your flights with your vis card.
Hi Gigi, I am also going with the hope of using my CommBank credit card insurance. This is what I’ve done pre covid, but now will have to carefully read the fine print . Glad to finally hear someone else doing the same.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The measure of any insurance company is in the way they handle and reimburse claims .
During the Icelandic volcano event Covermore Insurance provided support , accommodation , clothing allowances and incidental expenses for ten days for my family and I .
Our luggage was already on the plane when the travel bans were made . Paris could have been a nightmare , Covermore made sure it was an extra holiday .
Hoping to travel May June and was planning on also using my travel insurance which is included in my CommBank credit card. Glad to hear someone else doing the same. Fingers crossed 🤞

Hi. Our 2020 Camino was cancelled due to Covid. We had bought full comprehensive cover travel insurance. After the cancellation and reading the very fine print, we found that it wouldn't have covered us for anything related to a pandemic. That appeared to be standard clausing even before Covid. We have toyed with booking again for this Euro summer but have cautiously been watching the Europe surge as well. The biggest challenge seems of going seems to be getting back into NZ at the moment. Even though I fully support the system, getting an MIQ spot seems to be a soul destroying experience.

Hi Gigi, I am also going with the hope of using my CommBank credit card insurance. This is what I’ve done pre covid, but now will have to carefully read the fine print . Glad to finally hear someone else doing the same.
I'm hoping to go early May, Portuguese Coastal, Primitivo and Finesterre Muxia loop....

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Covermore is great. Their call staff are always helpful and any claims are expediously handled.
Thanks for that Mack, I had a look at Covermore and they do seem to be pretty good, they do however have one slightly off-putting clause, We will not pay for any claims arising from or caused by COVID-19 if:

the government bans travel before or during your trip, such as: “Do Not Travel” travel warnings.
I'm reading that as it sounds, if we're away in France/Spain etc and the advice level gets raised from the current " Exercise caution" to "Do not Travel" then all bets are off and the insurance is null and void. I'm going to ask them if that does indeed mean that, despite purchasing the insurance with good intentions, if the govt change their mind then you're on your own.
That seems to be a bit unfair, changing the rules halfway through the game and all.

Nice to hear Charles, thanks for the tip.

Hi Mandy, yes, I think reading the fine print carefully would be very wise :)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

View attachment 116591

👣 🌏
Hi Kaz, after some, frankly, bewildering reading, we've narrowed our choice down to either SCTI or CoverMore, there's one question we'd like CoverMore to answer before we go ahead though, see the reply to fellow walker Mack here in this topic. Cheers. :)

I am Australian and have my flights booked for late March for the Portuguese Camino. I went with Zoom travel insurance as I have used them before and found them very helpful. They had no problem suspending the policy I had bought for my aborted 2020 trip and reactivating it for this upcoming one. Cost an extra $30 dollars to update.

As far as covid goes, I don't think many insurers will insure for covid related claims, and those that do have tight restrictions. The Zoom site says this : It is important to note that our policies have a general exclusion against epidemics and pandemics. That means that we don’t cover claims that arise from, or relate to, an epidemic or pandemic, including COVID-19. How they define covid related is the question.

Another Aussie here leaving for Spain in March. Hope you have an amazing time. Take care.

I used Covermore for my last two trips. They were a reasonable, competitive price. I made a huge claim on my first trip to cover hospitalisation, hotel, and upgraded travel to get me home. They were easy to contact and very helpful and nice people to deal with.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I used Travel Insurance NZ (info@travelinsurance.co.nz) for my four trips (2016, 2017, 2018 and the aborted 2020)

I needed advice in 2016 and they would only work with landlines. I had a data plan that didn't cover call back to NZ. Their assumption was you stayed in hotels with fax machines.

In 2017 things were a lot easier and email was usable.

No needs arose in 2018.

And in 2020 the policy did not respond to pandemics. But I had lot not left and got jist just about all my airfares back. Just lost the travel insurance premium itself.

They cover walking so long as you stay below 3,000 metres (10,000 feet). So even the Grand Saint Bernard (at 2,400 m) is OK.

Kia kaha

Last edited:
Hi Kaz, after some, frankly, bewildering reading, we've narrowed our choice down to either SCTI or CoverMore, there's one question we'd like CoverMore to answer before we go ahead though, see the reply to fellow walker Mack here in this topic. Cheers. :)
I can imagine the headache you must have from your research Ross.... 😫
How do the two companies compare price-wise?
👣 🌏

I used Travel Insurance NZ (info@travelinsurance.co.nz) for my four trips (2016, 2017, 2018 and the aborted 2020)

I needed advice in 2016 and they would only work with landlines. I had a data plan that didn't cover call back to NZ. Their assumption was you stayed in hotels with fax machines.

In 2017 things were a lot easier and email was usable.

No needs arose in 2018.

And in 2020 the policy did not respond to pandemics. But I had lot left and got jist about all my airfares back. Just lost the travel insurance premium itself.

They cover walking so long as you stay below 3,000 metres (10,000 feet). So even the Grand Saint Bernard (at 2,400 m) is OK.

Kia kaha
Thanks Alwyn, all good information. Cheers

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

View attachment 116591

👣 🌏
I am planning of traveling to Spain/Europe in May and read that some countries (Spain included) request travelers to have medical insurance that cover covid. I checked southern cross and read that they do cover hospitalisation which is the main important bit.

I am planning of traveling to Spain/Europe in May and read that some countries (Spain included) request travelers to have medical insurance that cover covid. I checked southern cross and read that they do cover hospitalisation which is the main important bit.
Thanks Gabi, a good point and very important. 🙂

which portuguese camino will you be doing?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Just checked with my travel agent. IATA international regulations site and covid insurance is not a stipulation for either country ( Spain or Portugal)
Like a lot of this dreadful never-ending pandemic the messaging remains confusing, complicated and contradictory. Whatever the correct stipulation, I personally wouldn't want to be travelling far right now without some Covid hospitalization coverage.

I suggest trying Southern Cross Travel Insurance. I used them for my last trip, the Via Francigena, in pre-Covid 2019. I didn't need to make a claim but they seem to be right on top of the Covid situation

While not intending to travel in 2022, I have just got travel insurance quotes for this year (22 March to 30 June from Southern Cross (SCTI) and from Travel Insurance New Zealand (TINZ).

Neither will cover Covid-19.

Specifically SCTI (as I read their wordings) will not offer any cover if the country has an adverse travel advisory (safetravel.govt.nz) issued at any time before or during travel.

For the options I chose: TINZ = NZD 1119 and SCTI NZD 1579

Kia kaha

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
And, as suggested by @Old Kiwi, attempted to get a quote from Cover More (CMNZ)

Gave my age, travel dates and countries.

The response was "we are unable to continue this quote online" and to contact them by phone.

As I have not had a conversation I know not whether it was my age or the four European countries of UK, France, Switzerland and Italy that prompted that response.

Kia kaha, kia māia, kia manawanui (be strong, patient and confident)

I'm following this thread with interest. We have flights booked for April, mainly because they are fully flexible, we can cancel or change dates any time up until the day before the flight takes off. I won't be on that plane unless I can get travel insurance.

While not intending to travel in 2022, I have just got travel insurance quotes for this year (22 March to 30 June from Southern Cross (SCTI) and from Travel Insurance New Zealand (TINZ).

Specifically SCTI (as I read their wordings) will not offer any cover if the country has an adverse travel advisory (safetravel.govt.nz) issued at any time before or during travel.

Kia kaha
...and therein lies the problem! The 'risk' rating of a country can change at any time by any Government or authority. You could buy a policy in good faith which covers your needs at the date of purchase but suddenly find you no longer have the coverage necessary eg. for border entry requirements or your own peace of mind.
Yep, for me personally there's still too much uncertainty & fluidity...I'm staying put until 2023!
Good luck to all willing to take the plunge this year...I hope you don't get burnt. 🙏
And it seems by the quotes people are getting, the days of full coverage for a couple of hundred dollars are long gone.
Eg. for my 2019 VF four month trip, I paid $289 through SCTI comprehensive policy.
👣 🌏

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Not responding to the Australian insurance question, but just that there are a number of insurance companies, at least in the USA, that will cover Covid19 medical expenses.

Kia kaha
That's interesting Alywn, a previous post by TassieKaz contained a screen grab from SCTI, showing that they do indeed cover for Covid related medical and disruption if the traveller is fully vaccinated. On that info I was going to go with them, more research needed I feel before my hoped for April departure.

That's interesting Alywn, a previous post by TassieKaz contained a screen grab from SCTI, showing that they do indeed cover for Covid related medical and disruption if the traveller is fully vaccinated. On that info I was going to go with them, more research needed I feel before my hoped for April departure.
Same. And they told me that over the phone but that was for July last yr to Raro. They said they’d only cover hospitalisation, not any travel related cost that arise due to covid. But that is now covered by most major travel airlines as they allow for that to happen and want to encourage travel. Best to call and talk to them as their online info re ‘which country is not advised to travel to’ is outdated. Last info I could just see morning is from April 2021

Thanks for that Mack, I had a look at Covermore and they do seem to be pretty good, they do however have one slightly off-putting clause, We will not pay for any claims arising from or caused by COVID-19 if:

the government bans travel before or during your trip, such as: “Do Not Travel” travel warnings.
I'm reading that as it sounds, if we're away in France/Spain etc and the advice level gets raised from the current " Exercise caution" to "Do not Travel" then all bets are off and the insurance is null and void. I'm going to ask them if that does indeed mean that, despite purchasing the insurance with good intentions, if the govt change their mind then you're on your own.
That seems to be a bit unfair, changing the rules halfway through the game and all.
Hi Ross,
I rang Covermore a couple of months ago when I booked flights and asked exactly this question. I was told that the insurance is valid if there is no “ do not travel” restriction on the day (date) you enter the country and my understanding was that you would then be covered for the length of time you are in the country even if the travel advice changed to “do not travel”. Risky time would then be if travel advice changed after we left Aus and before we entered Spain. But I am going to check with them again on this.

Hi Ross,
I rang Covermore a couple of months ago when I booked flights and asked exactly this question. I was told that the insurance is valid if there is no “ do not travel” restriction on the day (date) you enter the country and my understanding was that you would then be covered for the length of time you are in the country even if the travel advice changed to “do not travel”. Risky time would then be if travel advice changed after we left Aus and before we entered Spain. But I am going to check with them again on this.
Thanks Margie, that's great information, I'll plan on doing the same. I'm very skittish about that clause after my sister had great trouble during a trip to Egypt a couple of years ago, when she left the Govt. advice was fine, they changed it to "do not travel" after she had arrived in Egypt and had been there some days, she then fell over at the pyramids, smashed her wrist and ended up in hospital, and, you guessed it, the travel insurance company refused to help her out siting the changed travel warning, no amount of legal argument swayed them and she ended up $$$$ out of pocket and a ruined trip and now with the sad realization that she will probably never get to see all the ancient ruins she had planned so long to visit.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
a previous post by TassieKaz contained a screen grab from SCTI, showing that they do indeed cover for Covid related medical and disruption if the traveller is fully vaccinated
I understand there is SCTI AU and there is SCTI NZ.

Each will have their own detailed (and possibly different) working conditions, driven in part by the administrative and legal environment they each operate in.

The SCTI NZ website, when I looked and as I understood it, advised if the SafeTravelNZ advisory changed to adverse, even after the traveller had left NZ, then the adverse provisions applied automatically. Presumably until the next change, if any. That is what I understand @Kanga is touching on at post # 33 above.

@Marbe at post #35 above says "there are a number of insurance companies, at least in the USA, that will cover Covid19 medical expenses". If you look further you might find that travel insurance offered in the US applies to people travelling from the US. For TINZ and SCTI NZ their offers are only to travellers starting from and returning to NZ.

As a Kiwi, you must always read the policy (contract) wordings for travel starting and ending in NZ, unless the wordings are different.

I am not offering legal or insurance advise. Just talking over the fences as one friend to another.

You've got to do your own detailed homework for your circumstances.

Kia kaha

Thanks Margie, that's great information, I'll plan on doing the same. I'm very skittish about that clause after my sister had great trouble during a trip to Egypt a couple of years ago, when she left the Govt. advice was fine, they changed it to "do not travel" after she had arrived in Egypt and had been there some days, she then fell over at the pyramids, smashed her wrist and ended up in hospital, and, you guessed it, the travel insurance company refused to help her out siting the changed travel warning, no amount of legal argument swayed them and she ended up $$$$ out of pocket and a ruined trip and now with the sad realization that she will probably never get to see all the ancient ruins she had planned so long to visit.
Hi Ross, That is really bad - I understand why you are concerned. I am definitely going to check again before I buy the policy.

Here is our international travel insurance policy quote for anybody interested.
This quote is for two adults aged 60 and over, travelling to France/Spain/Switzerland from mid April for 90 days with a $250 excess.
Covermore (Australian site) have this on their front page.

There is limited cover for COVID-19
This policy includes limited cover for COVID-19. Other terms and conditions apply. There is no COVID-19 related cover for travel to a country with ‘do not travel’ advice on smartraveller.gov.au; cover whilst travelling on a multi- night cruise and, where a government authority closure, quarantine or isolation order is imposed on cross area, border, region or territory travel.

• Our COVID-19 benefits do not provide cover for claims related to government border closures or lockdowns.
    (For example, if the relevant Australian State or Territory government does not open the border or closes it and you can't or don't want to travel, this is not covered by our policy.)
  • Mandated COVID-19 tests are not covered by our policy.
    (For example, tests required by the travel provider or border authorities.)
There's also a FAQ page on Corona coverage. But in a nutshell, this passage seems to be the key.

"We understand many Australian travellers are concerned about the financial impact of catching coronavirus while they’re outside Australia.

To help ease your worries and help keep you travelling when – and where – it’s safe to do so, as the government starts to lift travel restrictions, our Cover-More travel insurance coronavirus benefits can provide cover for your COVID-19-related overseas medical costs*.

This cover applies if you’re diagnosed with COVID-19 by a qualified medical practitioner during your journey and includes cover for costs resulting from any medical treatment and ambulance transportation you require when suffering from COVID-19."

https://www.covermore.com.au/travel-insurance/benefits/covid-19/faqs#on-trip

They also have a clause about trekking. I'm pretty confident there's no part of any European camino above 3,000 metres above sea-level, so it probably doesn't apply in this instance.

Trekking (that doesn’t require specialist climbing equipment) that reaches an altitude between 3,000 and 4,000 metres above sea level, if the trek takes more than 2 days to complete

International Comprehensive $719.00

or

International Comprehensive + $829.00

Additional Expenses#$Unlimited*
Return of Mortal Remains#$50,000
Pet Boarding#$300
Travel Services Provider Insolvency$5,000
Amendment or Cancellation Costs#$Cover Chosen^
Cancellation Extension#See PDS for details
Luggage and Travel Documents#$15,000
item limit - Cameras and Video Cameras#$4,000
item limit - Laptop Computers#$4,000
item limit - Tablet Computers#$3,000
item limit - Phones and Smart Watches#$1,500
item limit - Drones#$1,200
item limit - Medical Devices#$1,200
item limit - Other Items#$1,200
Delayed Luggage Allowance#$1,100
Money$250
Self Drive Holiday - Australia OnlyNot available
Rental Vehicle Insurance Excess$5,000
Rental Vehicle Comprehensive CoverNot available
Travel Delay$2,000
Resumption of Journey#$3,000
Missed Connections#$3,000
Special Events#$5,000
Hospital Incidentals$6,000
Hijacking$5,000
Loss of Income$30,000◊
Disability$25,000◊
Accidental Death$25,000◊
Personal Liability$2,500,000
Business PackNot available
Business Equipment#$Nil
Business Equipment Hire#$Nil
Replacement of Staff$Nil
Business Money$Nil
Kidnap and Ransom$Nil
Overseas Medical Expenses#$Unlimited~
Overseas Emergency Dental Expenses#$2,000

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Good morning pilgrims, just wondering if there is any updated news about Australian insurance coverage for Australians going to Spain in March. Thanking you.

Good morning pilgrims, just wondering if there is any updated news about Australian insurance coverage for Australians going to Spain in March. Thanking you.
Hi Lindigo, As far as I can tell there has been no changes to the various policy's currently available. I would point you to my previous post of Jan 26 above, relating to a quote from CoverMore

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thank you for this information Garry will look into it. I previously had a good insurance but this year they have doubled the price and do not cover for Covid.

After exhaustive inquiries I have just insured with Covid Medical Expenese covered whilst in Europre at the best price . InsureandGo ..$1607 Silver Cover schedule.

Dominating factors for quoting travel insurance include:
1) countries visited
2) days away
3) age of each traveller

I went to InsureandGo.com.au and declared:
1) world wide except ...
2) 90 days (max for anyone aged over 65)
3) age of 81 - single traveller

For the silver selection they quoted AUD 2864
For the gold selection they quoted AUD 3376

This compared with T(ravel)I(nsurance)NZ.co.nz at NZD 1162 for the same details.

I haven't done a line by line compare and that may throw up some adjustments to each quote.

So, @GarryCollins, well done for you. But not suitable for me.

Kia kaha

Air NZ is offering travel insurance with some covid cover, see: https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/tra...ate-20220302&utm_content=travel-insurance-txt

Also the Government travel advisory will be downgraded from a global "All countries except Australia and Cook Islands are high risk" to once again cover individual countries. Here is a quote "At 11:59pm on Friday 4 March the global travel advisory will be removed altogether and destination specific travel advisory levels will be reinstated (with individual advice levels displaying for each individual country/territory)" and see: https://safetravel.govt.nz/news/reconnecting-new-zealand-safetravel-changes-update-28-february for more information.

Last edited:
I am wading through the PID statements for travel insurance (including Covid 19 cover). List obtained from the Choice website (with a link from the Aus govt Smart Traveller).

I've found one that is specifically for those over 70. What really amuses me is the long paragraph promising that they will cover us for any events that arise if I am pregnant or if I become pregnant.

€60,-
We had to ditch our usual insurance this year as the price went up considerably and we were not covered for Covid. We used Covermore, it wasn’t cheap but it covered us for Covid 19. We are on the VDLP at the moment and through towns most are wearing masks.

This is a very useful thread. Thanks to everybody who has contributed. My wife and I will be away for longer than 90 days. I am over 70. Can anyone suggest an Australian insurer who provides cover for a longer period?

This is a very useful thread. Thanks to everybody who has contributed. My wife and I will be away for longer than 90 days. I am over 70. Can anyone suggest an Australian insurer who provides cover for a longer period?
Insurers used to offer annual multi-trip insurance, but I see that our usual insurer has suspended that offer.

Is it possible to get two separate policies?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Insurers used to offer annual multi-trip insurance, but I see that our usual insurer has suspended that offer.

Is it possible to get two separate policies?
We've gone with SCTI, they seem pretty good so far, and they do up to 365days.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
We've gone with SCTI, they seem pretty good so far, and they do up to 365days.
Have you tried InsureandGo ?

Have you tried InsureandGo ?
I think I did look at them, not sure now why nothing came of it, but I seem to remember that SCTI had cover for not being able to leave on the trip due to Covid, most others didn't seem to offer that.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back