• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Travel into France

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Liam55

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances
Hello and good morning,

All going well I'll be on flight Dublin to Biarritz on 4 September.

I am just checking on what documentation I need to have arriving into France.
I have found a Declaration that appears to be necessary.

Am I missing something?

Thanks a million and might see some of ye on the way!!

Liam, Ireland

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I’m travelling by train at the end of the month and as far as I can see; I shall only need proof of vaccinations, but will double check this coming week for France and the Spanish Regions.
Spain seems to be doing very well with vaccinations, and restrictions seem to be loosening both legally and socially, much as it is in the UK.
May see you en route.
Buen Camino
Bob

I am traveling next week from Scotland and it looks to me like we only need to provide proof of double vaccine. I will download the health declaration jut in case. Does anyone know about the QR code that other sites are talking about. My vaccine cert doesn't have a QR code. Now I'm starting to worry i have missed something.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I am traveling next week from Scotland and it looks to me like we only need to provide proof of double vaccine. I will download the health declaration jut in case. Does anyone know about the QR code that other sites are talking about. My vaccine cert doesn't have a QR code. Now I'm starting to worry i have missed something.
Hi Liz. I read an article that said you need a QR code from the France Health Pass to get on the train, cafes, restaurants, etc. I'm planning on applying for it for my Camino next month.
Buen Camino!

Hi Liz. I read an article that said you need a QR code from the France Health Pass to get on the train, cafes, restaurants, etc. I'm planning on applying for it for my Camino next month.
Buen Camino!
Thanks, do you know how you apply for it?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thanks a million Mr. Sheehan for taking the time to give me clear info.
You are half a camino ahead of me!! Have a really wonderful journey.

Thanks

Liam

Just Google France Health Pass. They will ask for a copy of your passport, return tickets, and proof of vaccination. I'm not entirely sure, but I think the requirements are different because you're from Scotland.
Thank you, I've just done that. I can't send it till after tomorrow.
Buen Camino

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I just arrived in Biarritz today from Dublin. After you arrive at the airport, just before Customs, you must show your COVID Certificate and your sworn statement.
What does the sworn statement look like? Thanks! Lisa

Do I need to show proof of return flight as I have not booked one as yet? I intended waiting until I knew when I was ready to come back!!

Liam

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
NOTE FROM THE MODERATOR — ON THE OFF CHANCE THAT @Liam55 ACTUALLY PUT IN HIS OWN PERSONAL INFORMATION, I HAVE REMOVED IT FROM THIS POST.

SWORN UNDERTAKING TO COMPLY WITH RULES FOR ENTRY
INTO METROPOLITAN FRENCH TERRITORY

(From green list countries)

This statement shall be presented to the transport companies before boarding and to the border control authorities.

The measures applied to vaccinated adults are extended under the same conditions to their accompanying minors, whether vaccinated or not.

To be completed by the traveller:

I, the undersigned,

Mr XXX

Born on: XX/XX/XXXX

Nationality: Irish

Residing at: PLACE YOUR ADDRESS HERE

Initial place of origin (city/country): Dublin, Ireland

Final destination
(city/country): St. Jean Pied de Port, France

¨ I hereby declare on my honour that I have not had any of the following symptoms during the last 48 hours:

Fever or chills;

Cough or aggravation of my usual cough;

Unusual fatigue;

Unusual shortness of breath when I speak or make the slightest effort;

Unusual muscle aches and/or pains;

Unusual headaches;

Loss of taste or smell;

Unusual diarrhoea.

¨
I hereby declare on my honour that I have no knowledge of having been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 during the last fourteen days prior to departure.

Done in __Dublin____on / September / 2021

Signature

Liam Ryan

Lisa, this is what I found online this morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, I've just done that. I can't send it till after tomorrow.
Buen Camino
Liz can I ask why you can’t submit it yet? I’m due to travel from Scotland by train on the 19th & 20th September and was wondering when to apply for my French QR code, I already have my vaccination certificate and my statement of honour printed, thanks and buen camino

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Do I need to show proof of return flight as I have not booked one as yet? I intended waiting until I knew when I was ready to come back!!

Liam
Here is an article that might help. Check the government of France website too. Cheers! Lisa

If you travel from Ireland or the UK to France and are double vaccinated you don't need to have a return ticket and you don't need to request a French QR by email. You can't even do it. [Edited to add: with the possible exception of Scotland]

Everybody needs to fill in the Sworn Statement for France plus:
  • Vaccination proof from Ireland: just the EU Digital Covid certificate in digital form or on paper. If you want, but you don't have to, you can download the French TousAntiCovid app and scan your certificate QR code into it. It works fine, I've done it myself. The app is in English.

• Vaccination proof from England, Wales, Scotland, NI: just your NHS certificate in digital form or on paper. Frances recognises it.
    For England I know for certain because I've done it for someone: You can dowload the French TousAntiCovid app and you can scan the NHS code directly into it. Works fine. The app is in English. Not sure whether this currently works also for Wales, Scotland and NI. But you don't have to do this. NHS code on paper or digital is just fine.
Different procedures for people who are not from the UK and not from Ireland !!!

Last edited:
Whether you travel by train or fly from the UK to France, check the Eurostar website. They are super up to date on French entry regulations. Quote from today:
  • Passengers [from the UK] who have proof they have been fully vaccinated at least 7 days before departure no longer need to take a test. France accepts both the NHS COVID pass and the EU Digital Covid Certificate as a proof of vaccination.

• All passengers travelling from the UK – regardless of their nationality or if they’ve been fully vaccinated must carry a printed and completed Statement of honour.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Below is a quote from the Eurostar website of today for travellers from the UK. Click on the blue link for Pass Sanitaire. It has specific information for people vaccinated in the UK and travelling to France, including information for those with vaccination proof from Scotland. This information is being updated by France all the time.

A COVID ‘health pass’ or Pass Sanitaire is now mandatory for access to venues where more than 50 people are present. From 9 August, the law will be extended to also include domestic trains (including TGV connections), restaurants, bars, and outside terraces. If you’re aged 18 or over, you must provide proof that you have either:​
  • Been fully vaccinated
  • Taken a negative PCR/antigen test within the last 72 hours
  • Or recovered from coronavirus in the last six months
You can prove one of the above:​
  • Digitally using the TousAntiCovid app. If you’re travelling from the UK, you can download the app and use it to scan your NHS vaccination status QR code
  • Or by providing paper proof of your vaccination status or test result

If you were vaccinated in the UK, you should also carry digital or paper proof of your status from the NHS as a back-up.

Hi Liz
I picked mine up by registering with the NHS app (not the COVID one).
Once registered you can view your records of vaccinations, tests etc. This also includes the QR code to show you’re vaccinated. I then took a screenshot and printed a hard copy (just in case).
Hope this helps.
Buen Camino
Bob

Hopefully nhs Scotland will be able to provide a vaccination QR code soon but will be applying for the French pass soon

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hello and good morning,

All going well I'll be on flight Dublin to Biarritz on 4 September.

I am just checking on what documentation I need to have arriving into France.
I have found a Declaration that appears to be necessary.

Am I missing something?

Thanks a million and might see some of ye on the way!!

Liam, Ireland
Wishing you a wonderful trip Liam. I think you are right, in that we have to print of and sign a declaration of good health to present along with our covid vaccination certificate and passport. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back