Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino walkers love this gripping, intriguing, mystery with history novel.
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store

Travel Report: Into Paris, Sept 15, 2021

Mercutio

Let us walk together
Past OR future Camino
For anyone interested, I flew Air France (masked at all times) from Washington Dulles to CDG Paris today and was asked to present my passport and CDC vaccination card at check-in, and once again after I deplaned in Paris. Then I went on to Customs and had my passport examined and stamped. Air France distributed a “Passenger Locator Form” during the flight but was lackadaisical about collecting it, and no one asked for the “Attestation of Health” form I was told to download, print, complete, and sign. Easy-peasy, your mileage may vary.

Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean

mspath

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
For anyone interested, I flew Air France (masked at all times) from Washington Dulles to CDG Paris today and was asked to present my passport and CDC vaccination card at check-in, and once again after I deplaned in Paris. Then I went on to Customs and had my passport examined and stamped. Air France distributed a “Passenger Locator Form” during the flight but was lackadaisical about collecting it, and no one asked for the “Attestation of Health” form I was told to download, print, complete, and sign. Easy-peasy, your mileage may vary.
Mercutio,
Welcome to France! Glad to read that your journey and entry went well.
Now you are ready to walk. Do keep writing as you move along; current info is very important now.

Bon chemin and Buen camino.

Past OR future Camino
Thank you very much. I will connect to Air France on the 18th (Saturday) Minneapolis to Paris. Great information!

Geodoc

Past OR future Camino
CF 2018 (across Pyrenees, then Sarria to SdC), CF 2019 (SJPdP to Finisterra & Muxia), CI 2019
My wife went through the same process, but with the addition of taking a train to Bayonne. She had her vaccination card, but because she was unable to get the French QR code, before she boarded the train she went to a local pharmacy and got (another) COVID test. 30 minutes later she received the results by phone, showed it at the ticket counter, and they but a blue bracelet around her wrist (the paper type used in hospitals and other places) and allowed her on the train.

mspath

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
Thank you very much. I will connect to Air France on the 18th (Saturday) Minneapolis to Paris. Great information!
arobins,
You must be very excited now with only a few days before take-off. A few weeks ago we connected re your kit. Hope that you have found all you needed.
Best wishes for good flights and a Buen camino!

2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.

Patty R.

Past OR future Camino
Camino Frances - July 2013. Camino del Norte in June/July 2015.
My wife went through the same process, but with the addition of taking a train to Bayonne. She had her vaccination card, but because she was unable to get the French QR code, before she boarded the train she went to a local pharmacy and got (another) COVID test. 30 minutes later she received the results by phone, showed it at the ticket counter, and they but a blue bracelet around her wrist (the paper type used in hospitals and other places) and allowed her on the train.
Can you share what test she took? Do most pharmacies offer this test? and how much did it cost? Thank you

Past OR future Camino
arobins,
You must be very excited now with only a few days before take-off. A few weeks ago we connected re your kit. Hope that you have found all you needed.
Best wishes for good flights and a Buen camino!
I am so excited I have to hold back tears of happiness. Been training since 2019 and yes, the blog community have been angels guiding me along in my adventure planning.

Geodoc

Past OR future Camino
CF 2018 (across Pyrenees, then Sarria to SdC), CF 2019 (SJPdP to Finisterra & Muxia), CI 2019
Can you share what test she took? Do most pharmacies offer this test? and how much did it cost? Thank you

Sorry, I don't know. Here's all she posted on her FB page: "In order to take a train today to get to Bayonne, since my digital vaccination card from France never came through, I had to do another Covid test (easily available at many pharmacies, with results to your cell phone in 30’), and show the results at the train station, whereupon I got a wrist band allowing me onto the train."

Pilgrim Pouch carry bags with different designs
A lightweight carry bag handy for walking, biking, traveling, & Caminos
2022 Camino Guides
The 2022 Camino guides will be coming out little by little, most of them by the end of 2021. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads