A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

COVID Travel restrictions across ALL of Italy

henrythedog

Loved and fed by David
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2017, 2018, 2019, Ingles 2018, (Madrid 2019 partial - retired hurt!) (more planned)
As the media announced the planned restrictions on the north before the government, causing a mass exodus from the more obviously infected areas and thus promoting widespread infection, there was really no option but to extend the measures nationwide.

I’m a passionate supporter of a free press, but with freedom comes responsibility.

This too will pass, in time.

JabbaPapa

"True Pilgrim"
Camino(s) past & future
100 characters or fewer : see signature details
As the media announced the planned restrictions on the north before the government, causing a mass exodus from the more obviously infected areas and thus promoting widespread infection, there was really no option but to extend the measures nationwide.
Some Italians have been putting this spin on things, but more practically, Italy had 1800 extra cases in 24 hours.

Ernesto.IT

Camino(s) past & future
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
Italy is introducing severe restrictions on all but essential travel across the entire country.
That why I cancelled for the near future my walk which I should have started on the 1st of April, Ryan air comunicate via email that my flight is cancel and I could get my money back, lost all my other ticket, to rich John O Groats to walk afterword to Roma. With all the Country I had to go cross and the virus will eventually surface in all of them as is already in the EU for more than two months,
as there, is no wall that can stop the virus the risk to be quarantine in each and every Country is to great, my only hope now is that in the next couple of months all over the EU the virus stop spreading.

Galloglaigh

Camino(s) past & future
Lycra tribe.
CF (2017/8), VF (2018/9), Old Way (2020), VFnS (2020), CP (rebooked) (2021), VdT (ToDo)
Seems that the Adriatic ferries are succumbing to pressure too. Anek which runs the Superfast ferries between the Italian ports and the extension of the Via Francigena nel Sud towards Jerusalem are now starting to cancel.

https://www.anek.gr/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/20200310_en.pdf

ANEK LINES taking into consideration the emerging circumstances occurred because of the COVID-19 outbreak, wish to inform the passengers with tickets for the Adriatic routes that:

- Tickets issued with the Early Booking discount can be converted to open date tickets and no difference between Early Booking and brochure fares has to be paid. Passengers can rebook to a new travel date until 31 December 2020 with the Early Booking discount.

- Passengers wishing to cancel their tickets to any Adriatic route because of the COVID-19 outbreak can do so with full refund. Above policy is in effect until 3 April 2020 and concerns tickets for travel up to and including 30 April 2020.

ANEK LINES will monitor the outbreak aftereffect and, if needed, will revert with further cancellation measures.
Seems a bit late to react to the Italian restrictions but better late than never.

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 55 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 196 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 325 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 29.0%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock