• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Travel Santiago to Paris

ffp13

Addicted pilgrim
Time of past OR future Camino
Completed Caminos: 2009 SJPP, 2011 Roncessvalle , 2012 Pamploma, 2013 Roncessvalle, 2013 Porto, 2014 Burgos, 2014 Porto

Future: Roncessvalle
Hi all,

My return flight to Australia departs from Paris in early August , I am open to suggestions on the most economical route and travel method to get there, travel time is not an issue, I just want to have a safety margin just in case, to arrange alternate travel means should there be a strike, bankrupt airline etc. unfortunately Ryanair doesn't fly to Paris from Santiago :(

I look forward to hearing your suggestions.

Thanks

Frank

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
There are direct flights to Paris almost every day. I bought my ticket already for October 23 and paid 90$. Did the same in 2011. It's quick and not as tiring as the bus or train. I got to Paris at 7:30pm, took the shuttle to F1 hotel (30$), had dinner and a good sleep. The free shuttle brought me back to my flight the next morning.

Re: Travel Santiago to Paris

Yep, check Vueling airlines. Buen Camino!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Great, I will check them out, $90is very good, the train would cost much more

I Checked out vueling online booking web page, there are no flights from Santiago to Paris :(

I will search for airlines that do fly there, the main ones prices are almost the same as my fare from Australia to Paris :(

ffp13 said:
I Checked out vueling online booking web page, there are no flights from Santiago to Paris :(

I will search for airlines that do fly there, the main ones prices are almost the same as my fare from Australia to Paris :(

In Oct 2011 I flew Vueling from Santiago to Paris and I remember that they don't go everyday, maybe 2 or 3 times a week, back then anyway. So try different days of the week.

Eric

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

CaminoGen said:
There are direct flights to Paris almost every day. I bought my ticket already for October 23 and paid 90$. Did the same in 2011. It's quick and not as tiring as the bus or train. I got to Paris at 7:30pm, took the shuttle to F1 hotel (30$), had dinner and a good sleep. The free shuttle brought me back to my flight the next morning.

Which shuttle is that? We had heard there was one, but when we stayed at F1 they ignored our email inquiries about a shuttle and so we ended up taking the train/metro. Would love the details for next time.

There are daily flights by Vueling from Santiago to Paris, you have to tweak their website to get the fare and travel time. The flight goes to Orly and I think flights to Australia starts from CDG. See below part of the Vueling website I copied as I will be traveling Santiago to Paris for sight-seeing, then to London to meet friends and then catch the flight back to Christchurch in July.

Joe

Reservas 807 200 100
0,89 €/min desde Red Fija, y 1,24 €/min
desde Red Móvil. imp. inc.
Selecciona tu vuelo Datos del pasajero
Personaliza tu vuelo Datos del pago

Tu búsqueda:
Santiago (SCQ) - Paris Airports (PAR)
07/08/2013 | 1 Adulto Nueva búsqueda Ida
Miércoles 7 Agosto Santiago - Paris Airports Ago Dom 4 89,99€
Ago Lun 5 79,99€ Ago Mar 6 128,79€
Ago

Visualiza todo el mes
42 usuarios están viendo estos precios
Compara las tarifas

Tarifa OptimaIncluye asiento, maleta de 23 Kg como máximo y el servicio que te permite adelantar tu vuelo. ¡Viaja más cómodamente!

Santiago (SCQ): 12:10

Paris (Charles de Gaulle) (CDG): 14:05
89,99€ 114,99€ 209,99€
Vuelo con conexión – 1 parada

Santiago (SCQ): 15:05

París (Orly) (ORY): 19:10
146,98€ 186,34€ 416,07€

¡Atención! Este vuelo opera la noche del Miércoles 7 al Jueves 8
128,79€2 últimas plazas 167,25€2 últimas plazas 416,07€
Vuelo con conexión – 1 parada

Santiago (SCQ): 21:55

París (Orly) (ORY): 11:10