• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Travel to Ferrol

ChrisT

Time of past OR future Camino
Last 100k of the French Way Nov 2017
Porto to Santiago Sept 2018
Afternoon All,

I'm considering doing Ingles in April. I was wondering what is the best way to get to Ferrol form the north of England?

I know you can fly to Caruna from London, and you can fly to Santiago from London but there doesn't seem to be anything from the North of England.

I'm wondering if flying to Madrid and the train to Caruna is the best / easiest way?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Your best bet might be to fly to Madrid and then to A Coruña. Kayak.co.uk is a useful tool. It shows flights from Manchester at the beginning of April starting at around £60 for both sectors. Alternatively you could take train or bus from Madrid but you are not likely to save much by doing that. You can also find similar prices and flight times flying from Liverpool if that is more convenient.
Screenshot_20190114-182816.png

Last edited:
I'm also seeing Vueling flights from Manchester to Santiago with a stop-over in Barcelona. If you have flexible dates, it'll be there and back again for under € 200,-. From SdC it's an easy busride to Ferrol.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I agree. Last year I flew Manchester to Madrid then flew Madrid to la caruna. Then bus to ferrol. Wasn't too bad.

I found it cheaper to fly to La Coruna via Madrid, instead of flying to Santiago. However, that was flying from London, so I do not know the situation from Manchester

I overnighted in La Coruna which is a wonderful city and then took the train from La Coruna to Ferrol next day, looked round Ferrol and started the Ingles early the following day.

Going back, there are regular fast trains from Santiago to La Coruna and the airport bus goes down the road from the train station at La Coruna.

How far north? Edinburgh to Santander on Ryanair (just another option :) ), then train/bus to Ferrol - OR if you would like a lovely experience, take the Feve (operated by Renfe) from Santander to Ferrol. It takes awhile - it's a very slow train (12 hours), but SO beautiful!! You could stay overnight somewhere along the way... A different sort of Camino!

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Another option....You can fly to Brussels (Zaventem) and a direct fight to Santiago on Thursday with Vueling (only day) and then bus or taxi to Ferrol.
I think any major city in Europe can offer the same 😉
I'm going to walk the Inglés in June.
Buen Camino 😎

I flew with Iberia airlines from Manchester to Santiago and back, with a 1 hour stopover in Madrid, then bus to Ferrol. Try Skyscanner, it's usually the first website I try.
I loved the English Camino, it's a great saunter

Afternoon All,

I'm considering doing Ingles in April. I was wondering what is the best way to get to Ferrol form the north of England?

I know you can fly to Caruna from London, and you can fly to Santiago from London but there doesn't seem to be anything from the North of England.

I'm wondering if flying to Madrid and the train to Caruna is the best / easiest way?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Try www.Rome2rio.com. Put your local airport(s) into 'from' and Ferrol into 'to'.

Results will likely be any of: Fly to Santiago & bus; Fly to Madrid & bus/train; Fly to Oviedo & bus or FEVE; Fly to Bilbao/Santander & bus / train / FEVE. There will be other combinations. I think that its unlikely you'll get a direct flight anywhere but Madrid from any of the northern regional airports 'cos there isn't the traffic and the holiday companies don't trade to northern Spain so your chances of a hop seat on a Thompson or the like are very small unless its a Fly/Cruise trip via A Coruna.

Generally fly Madrid and sort it out from there is what works.

Happy planning & Buen Camino

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I flew from A Coruña to Lisbon and then to Manchester on Air Portugal in October. Would think you could do it in reverse

Most read last week in this forum

Hi! Im walking the Camino Ingles starting from Ferrol on the 8th May, arriving in SdC on the 14th (and staying til the 17th :) ) Ive not walked a camino before, nor have I ever really done any...
Hi! would arrive by train from Madrid at 23:22 at Ferrol station and from there heading to the parador ferrol (solo female traveler). Is taxi widely available? should i arrange the parador to send...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.